• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Wiper and True - saison Mosaic, a beautiful beer that is bottle conditioned. Pokey at nearly 8% but beautifully balanced with a nice citrusy opening and malty warmth to finish. I didn't notice the booze it was that lush.

Comparing that to the Jack Hammer which is incredibly boozy and just power, Jackett stylee, in a bottle.

I did get a Brewdog Punk IPA home brew kit for my birthday. Anybody got any tips on home brew?

That's W&T's best beer at the moment. Seriously good stuff.

The Kaleidoscope and Kiwi Lilt are a bit underwhelming. Hoping they're releasing Amarillo again for the autumn. Nectar.

That's W&T's best beer at the moment. Seriously good stuff.

The Kaleidoscope and Kiwi Lilt are a bit underwhelming. Hoping they're releasing Amarillo again for the autumn. Nectar.

I haven't tasted any others yet Nando but that was excellent, I don't think I've tasted a beer that strong be that good. A good sized bottle too (500ml).

You're local to them aren't you? Do they do any cask ales as I'm in Bath on Thursday and may well partake.

They do Kaleidoscope in 30L keg. There are a few places in Bath that sell their stuff according to the website.

Most important thing with homebrewing, I reckon, is temperature. Make sure you hit the right temp when mashing in (mixing water with the grain), also make sure you stir it well at the start and periodically throughout that hour, but keep an eye on temp. The boil is easy, just make sure you follow the hop schedule.

Once you've pitched the yeast, once it's cooled to the right temperature, you need to be able to keep it in as stable environment as possible. Stick within the fermentation temperatures as possible with no drastic changes.

Also, let it condition in the bottle for a good few weeks - don't be tempted to open them early!

Moor Brewery So'Hop. So fucking good!!!

e78351874e32954037ac3ff7935f151a.jpg

Johnny - don't seem to see their stuff in cask but no doubt their beer will be around in Bath. As Leeds says, check their website for the stockist.

So'Hop is magnificent.

Most important thing with homebrewing, I reckon, is temperature. Make sure you hit the right temp when mashing in (mixing water with the grain), also make sure you stir it well at the start and periodically throughout that hour, but keep an eye on temp. The boil is easy, just make sure you follow the hop schedule.

Once you've pitched the yeast, once it's cooled to the right temperature, you need to be able to keep it in as stable environment as possible. Stick within the fermentation temperatures as possible with no drastic changes.

Also, let it condition in the bottle for a good few weeks - don't be tempted to open them early!

Cheers Machin. I'm hoping this is a success as I've downloaded the recipe for Elvis Juice and it looks the same to do as Punk. I know neither are cheap to brew yourself but I'm hoping the satisfaction is better.

Will have to get the TWF faithful' opinion when at a game next.

Have considered brewing my own for years but I know I'd fuck it up and could have spent that money on some properly brewed stuff.

I'm really keen to get up and running, but I haven't got the space unfortunately. That's not changing anytime soon!

I've got a mate who brews loads, so I might start helping him out with a view to using his kit on a couple of brew days.

My girlfriend's dad brews some decent stuff. Nothing mind-boggingly good, but at least as good as most of the standard fayre you got in supermarkets.

I have a browse over on thehomebrewforum.co.uk every now and then and I'm surprised at how many homebrewers are happy just to brew their own version of Old Speckled Hen et al. I think it's a "it only costs 32p a pint" as opposed to "I going to cave my own face in with hops" kinda thing.

My old man brewed some top stuff many years ago. I tried it in the 80s with reasonable success, but the novelty wore off.

Had an hour in my favourite beer garden in the sunshine yesterday. The Swan at Chaddersley Corbett. Love it there.

440c42d64ebfd7218d490ecb16c5174b.jpg

Currently drinking a French ale... Bear with me, it's actually quite good!

Brasserie des Sources - Bellerose Surfine. 4.5% Belgian style blonde ale. Nice light body, Belgian funk and a clean, refreshing hop bite. Very impressed.

Drinking UK ale a few miles off the French coast.#channelislandsrock

Back