• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

A little call in to Sainsbury's on my way home from work...

Beers.jpg

They (CAMRA) are also good at 'bribing' landlords into getting inclusions in TGBG by asking for discounts for their membership. I reckon I probably spend a reasonable amount in pubs (possibly more than some of CAMRA's membership), yet I wouldn't ask for any special consideration based on my patronage.

So they think that by coming into a pub for a couple of pints once a month warrants a discount for them to promote the pub. Twats.

Yeah I've heard of those 'bribes' before.

Be careful chaps, Hazelgrovewolf will log on and threaten you with legal action. I mentioned very early in this thread that CAMRA officials were, in the area where my old man was a landlord, as keen on collecting subscriptions than judging the ale on offer. That was the mid eighties though. Can any of you members confirm that you still have to pay to be included in the Good Beer Guide? Surely the pub should be included on how the beer is kept and not on the landlord's ability or willingness to pay the subscription?

Quite like the Pistonhead Amber, but good to know Sainsbury's is still doing both.

Are they (and the other choices) on offer at the moment?

No idea if these are good deals but Asda have Brew Dog Punk IPA, pony and (i think) this is lager? for £5 for 4 cans.

No idea if these are good deals but Asda have Brew Dog Punk IPA, pony and (i think) this is lager? for £5 for 4 cans.

Sorry Kenny, but apparently you have to pay £5 for a half until it is deemed acceptable.

Cheapskate. ..!!

They have and in the Asda that my daughter works at they are talking about cutting the price because I'm the only person who has bought any! She's under strict instructions to let me know when the price drops

Yeah, cracking deal. Most places do a 4 pack of Punk for £6.

Latest batch of Born to Die last night, absolutely stunning beer. Maybe a touch less bitter than the last batch and a touch more citrus zest but still one of my favourite beers of all time.

£6 a bottle (660ml) so I should steer clear in future I think.

Fantastic stuff. Though I was sort of hoping they might relocate to Stourbridge.... Never had an average Tiny Rebel beer. They're great.

Just checked my Untappd history for Tiny Rebel. 5 beers, not one rated below 4.25/5 (apart from a dodgy cask pour of Cwtch)

Just checked my Untappd history for Tiny Rebel. 5 beers, not one rated below 4.25/5 (apart from a dodgy cask pour of Cwtch)

Similarly, I've never scored them less than 4. And I'm a strict marker. I've had:

Stay Puft
Billabong
Cwtch
The Full Nelson
Urban IPA
Hank
FUBAR

All absolutely gorgeous. I think I gave Billabong the highest score actually - I last had it in Scary Canary.

Cwtch
The Full Nelson
Urban IPA
Cali
One Inch Punch

May have to pay a visit to their new tap room when it opens next year.

Back