• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

A few fucking beers are required tonight! Going to end the night on a 10.5% Barrel Aged Double Axe. Fuck you Brexit!

Nice. Got a couple of barrel aged Albino Squid Assassin in for tomorrow.

Oh my word, the BA Double Axe is fucking amazing. Wasn't a fan of the normal Double Axe as it was too sticky and boozy, which isn't what I like in an IPA. But holy shit the bourbon barrel has worked some kind of magic on this drink. I can't really describe (thank fuck, I hear you cry) but this is a hell of a beer.

Salopian Hop Twister on cask. Superb.

Northern Monk Midsummer IPA. A brilliant 6% ABV Pear and Apricot IPA. Just the right balance of fruit, dryness and alcohol.
73011262e6cebf375fe54a2e5afc9a2e.jpg

Last edited:
Magic Rock Salty Kiss on tap. Apparently this is the new batch from MR who are using a different yeast and it shows.
Super stuff.

593dd9831187b9b0ed1a5a52f5a084d7.jpg

Wylam's Hickey the Rake. This is immense. Top juicy citrus flavours, but at 4.2% beautifully balanced. A good PA.

Magic Rock Salty Kiss on tap. Apparently this is the new batch from MR who are using a different yeast and it shows.
Super stuff.

Had a can of that on Thursday. Really good, subtle sour beer. What has the new yeast done?

I've just been told by that Northern Monk Refectory is having part of the Tap (possibly half a dozen taps/kegs) taken by Buxton for approximately 4 weeks starting mid July! Amazeballs.

Had a can of that on Thursday. Really good, subtle sour beer. What has the new yeast done?
It's really bought out the 'juiciness' (if that's the right description). I had Hire Wire on tap in Jersey with the new yeast and it destroys the previous version.

Do you know if it's a Vermont yeast strain? Cloudwater have started using that in their IPAs and it's upped the juiciness.

It'll be Vermont Ale yeast. It's the next big craze in British craft beer, only takes a few sips to see why as well. Makes a beer cloudy as fuck and so, so, juicy.

Edit: Ninja'd by Machin.

Currently supping a BBNo. - 01/16 Saison Rakau. Perfect summer beer. Has anyone on here ever had a bad beer from BBNo.? Beer Gods.

I don't. However, I do know that NM are now using Vermont in some of their latest brew runs - Communion, Midsummer and New World for starters.

Tricky to ferment with apparently, but well worth the effort.

Northern Monk - Eternal. Keg, cask or can, this is easily one of the best session pales in Britain. Love this beer.

Cloudwater- session ipa mosaic on cask.

Fucking love this brewery, one of those beers you could drink all day without a hint of being bored

Almanac - Golden Gate Gose. Classic example of a gose. Pretty special.

Goose Island IPA - pretty good on tap. Decent hops and nice malt to balance.
Blue Moon Belgium style wheat beer - pretty average fair
Blue Point toasted lager - nothing special, better than cooking lager but not overly tasty or refreshing.

Back