• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Jackhammer is my favourite beer, end of story.

There are other really great beers out there but sentimentality dictates that JH has my heart...

Jackhammer is nearly as good as Jakehead. I've not seen the Monk Hammer though.

Result! I have just discovered a recently opened craft ale bar in St Helier. Currently quaffing a pint of Neck Oil (only £5 as well). Elvis Juice on tap too!

Neck Oil is a bloody good session IPA tbf. They have Monk Hammer too Booz! Next on the list if I'm still standing!

Neck Oil's just a bit too... oily for me. Can't put my finger on what it is about the taste and mouthfeel I'm not keen on to be honest but I've had three cans and it just didn't win me over. I did persevere!

Get on that Monk Hammer mate, it's fucking lush!

Neck Oil on tap is good, but like you state it's if it floats your boat or not. The Monk Hammer is next. Apparently Brewdog is producing 4 seasonal versions of Jack Hammer culminating in winter's Chilli Hammer!

A reasonable enough brew.

I'm going full tilt with one of these:

4fe7c9d1945ee92c7ed6cdc41f1537e5.jpg

#fuckspiders Boozad, this is one hell of a drop.

Awesome stuff Phil! If you ever see Buxton Anglo-Belgique IPA on offer anywhere, give it a go. I imagine it's pretty similar to the Monk Hammer. One of the best beers I've had this year.

Will do mate. I'm tempted to have a pint of Flying Dog Easy IPA next. Still savouring the Monk Hammer.

I don't think the Flying Dog will be able to compete with the assault of the Monk Hammer, tbh. You'd be better off going for a palate cleansing stout :icon_wink:

You're right mate. However I have a fish taco flatbread to help sort out my palate. Fair play to the Easy IPA it is cutting through. Good job I bought a pint to give it any chance!

Last night's BeerBods was a beauty. Twisted Barrel - Beast of a Midlands Mild. A classic low abv mild with a hint of chocolate and added vanilla for a creamy sweetness and extra body. Almost cask-like mouthfeel. Very very nice.

BeerBodsPlus was not so great. A Cloudwater - Lapsang Lichtenhainer. A sour beer made with smokey lapsang tea. Sour, salty, smoky, lemon - all a bit too much. Smelt like hot dog sausages. Without the smokiness it would have been a lot nicer. Certainly won't be seeking this one out again.

Going to the Stafford Beer and Cheese festival tomorrow. Not a huge amount on offer on the beer side of things as it's more of a food market thing. Shall be supping a fair few Titanic & Slaters beers though...

There's also Peakstone's Rock from Alton and Spire from Derbyshire to sample. I think the 'proper' Stafford Beer festival is in July??

I shall keep an eye out. It's more of a market day I think with breweries selling bottles and merch etc. There was just a small bar in the corner last year run by Titanic.

Back