• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

In Saigon there's two or three breweries now producing craft beers ... I live next door to one of them.
I have friends in KL who have told me about Taps and that I must visit when I go over.

Living next door to a brewery sounds ideal!

I have friends in KL who have told me about Taps and that I must visit when I go over.

Living next door to a brewery sounds ideal!
Used to live a stone's throw away from the Oban distillery...

Darlo, where did you find a Fraoch? Never seen them in England :(

Darlo, where did you find a Fraoch? Never seen them in England :(

At Aldi in Darlington... They had three Scottish beers next to the Whiskey for Burns Night

Beavertown - Applelation. 8.7% Bramley Apple Saison. I was worried that this would be too sharp & cidery but it's fantastic. 100% a beer, everything I love about a classic saison with a hint of tart, refreshing apple on the back end. Dangerous at 8.7, so drinkable. I could chug this.

Oskar Blues - Death By Coconut. 6.5% Irish Porter. Literally tastes like a Tunnock's Snowball. Utterly bizarre and absolutely amazing. It's just incredible.

Just tucking into a Jaipur X.

Absolutely knockout! Stands up next to any of the other big imperial IPA's out there. Love it.

Finally tucking into a Millionaire by Wild Beer. Absolutely superb. Everything Lycan has said about it is bang on!

E
3fc35571abcf42e9538d599be6027376.jpg

A very welcoming Squires One fifty lashes at Erina Leagues Club.

To Øl - Gose To Hollywood. 3.8% Gose brewed with oranges. Slightly sour, salty, and seriously juicy. Amazing.

Ringwood Boondoggle. 4.2% Blonde Ale. Steady as always, light on the hops and a big apple taste. Decent enough.

St Austell Proper Job. 4.5% cask Cornish IPA. Not as 'powerfully hopped' as the slogan makes out, resinous hops, slight hints of grapefruit and grass mingle too easily. Drinkable but nowhere near the best IPA.

Siren Craft Brew - Pompelmocello IPA. 6% grapefruit IPA.
BBNo. - 09/05. Brown Ale with Centennial & Chinook. Massive resinous hop profile, not much malt.

Both delicious.

Just been to see Stewart Lee, which was utterly brilliant and I'm now rounding off a brilliant weekend with a Howling Hops - Rye Wit. Absolutely superb IPA. Sharp lemon and lime zest zing with loads of pineapple and mango juiciness and just a rumble of spice in the malts. Bang. Fucking. On.

Four Pines Brewing Co. Pale Ale. An American PA. Very refreshing.

Any London pubs I should check out today? Sure I've asked but can't find the reply!

If you're anywhere near Hackney Wick go to Crate Brewery for an awesome pizza and fresh beer, then next door to Howling Hops to drink straight from the bright tanks!

Back