• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Cheers, will check it out when I'm next up that way. Anything worth keeping an eye out for?

I've not been in there in ages but it used to sell all the best local ales in bottles. There isn't really a proper ale orientated offy around here that I know of. There's that one in Bewdley - Tipplers I think it's called - but otherwise it's just looking around in the normal off licenses. Some serve Holdens, Bathams, Enville etc if you go at the right time.

The White Hag - Beann Gulban. 7.5 % Irish Heather Sour Ale. Brewed with peat smoked barley, heather tops instead of hops and inoculated with wild yeast taken from heather flowers. Really brilliant beer.

The White Hag - Beann Gulban. 7.5 % Irish Heather Sour Ale. Brewed with peat smoked barley, heather tops instead of hops and inoculated with wild yeast taken from heather flowers. Really brilliant beer.
You seem to be drinking a lot of White Hag! I met the owners in Dublin they're cool guys. Head brewer is from Ohio

You seem to be drinking a lot of White Hag! I met the owners in Dublin they're cool guys. Head brewer is from Ohio

Awesome! Yeah, they're clearly a quality brewery, everything I've had from them has been really nice. The milk stout I had last night was fantastic.

Awesome! Yeah, they're clearly a quality brewery, everything I've had from them has been really nice. The milk stout I had last night was fantastic.
I got their marketing guy to send a load of stuff over to the beer buyer at Brewdog whilst I was there. Haven't seen any of their stuff in a BD but I'm glad they're getting their name around. Really good bunch of guys.

I got their marketing guy to send a load of stuff over to the beer buyer at Brewdog whilst I was there. Haven't seen any of their stuff in a BD but I'm glad they're getting their name around. Really good bunch of guys.

I've had 4 of their beers, 2 of them were through Beer52 (I've had the White IPA a few times, first time from Beer52 but I can't remember where else). I picked the two stouts up from HonestBrew as I liked the White IPA so much.

Didn't like their White IPA at all if I'm being honest.

Williams Bros/Stillwater - Stravaigin. 6.7% farmhouse ale brewed with gooseberries, rye, wheat, heather and bog myrtle. Absolutely gorgeous. Full body, zippy carbonation, slightly tart fruitiness and a clean crisp finish. 10/10 would recommend this to anyone.

Lycan - I drink a reasonable amount, but my liver won't have to last as long as yours from here - just worry for you with the number of posts you make on the different beers you have sampled!

Williams Bros/Stillwater - Stravaigin. 6.7% farmhouse ale brewed with gooseberries, rye, wheat, heather and bog myrtle. Absolutely gorgeous. Full body, zippy carbonation, slightly tart fruitiness and a clean crisp finish. 10/10 would recommend this to anyone.

£32 for 12, highly tempted...

Just had a Bedlam Brewing, Benchmark on BeerBods.

bottle%20BENCHMARK.jpg

Very ordinary bitter really. A darker amber colour, with slight hints of chocolate and toffee with a floral bitterness. Nothing special at all. Most disappointing BeerBods so far.

On the plus side, they released a Winter Sale box. 12 beers they've previously featured in subscriptions and mixed cases that are either approaching their 'Best Before' or have a shanky label. £26.60, including delivery for this lot:

12573657_10156653691625647_7127743502558219801_n.jpg

Some exciting beers in there. Annoyingly I have gone halves with someone at work, for fear of the Missus' wrath! God knows how we're going to split it!

It's called MilkShake - it's a milk stout.

Abbeydale Moonshine. I could drink this beer all day.

Does anyone remember the name of the real ale pub near Euston station? It's an odd shape I think?

Got a couple of hours to kill later, so may as well kill them profitably ;)

Does anyone remember the name of the real ale pub near Euston station? It's an odd shape I think?

Got a couple of hours to kill later, so may as well kill them profitably ;)

There is the Euston Tap bang outside the station which is great.

Back