• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

And now onto a Wild Beer Madness IPA. Mmmmm...

BBNo - 10/05 - Coffee Porter. Absolutely love it. 6.5% and you can't taste a drop of it.

Having a bottle of old Tom. At 8.5% it's a bit too strong for me, but nice taste.

Three Boys: Wheat. What an amazing beer, love the stuff.

Weird Beard Safe Word chokeberry IPA. Dry, refreshing, fruity and hoppy. Will you'd love this one mate.

Awesome name for a beer! Weird Beard have some great beer names. Dark Hopfler being my favourite :D

Finished off with a Cloudwater Winter Wheat, cracking as usual from them. Good night's session that was. The Weird Beard's need some more looking into but Pressure Drop didn't really make a massive impression. 8 Wired are fast becoming one of my favourite breweries and Epic Saison has cemented its place as one of my top ten beers.

Pressure Drop, Pale Fire is worth seeking out. Superb session IPA

I had a glass of Hobgoblin gold last night, and it was most enjoyable. A pub in Nuneaton has it as their guest beer for a few days. I might just nip over there this afternoon.

Awesome name for a beer! Weird Beard have some great beer names. Dark Hopfler being my favourite :D
A guy from one of the Brewdog bars came up with that name, it was a colab beer with Shepherds Bush.

Had a brilliant beer and cheese night. Cracked open a load of different beers and had a few different cheeses. Try whatever you fancy and see what works.

Beers on offer were:
Schlenkerla, Urbock (smoked beer)
Magic Rock, Cannonball (IPA)
Buxton, New World Saison
Brewdog, 5am Saint
Dr Moelen, Rasputin (imperial stout)
Buxton, Wyoming Sheep Ranch (Double IPA)
Weinstephaner, Heffe Weisse

The Cannonball and Saison were particularly good. I'm afraid that my taste buds were a bit too overloaded to really get the flavours of the Wyoming but there was a good amount of bitterness cutting through. Need to try that one again in isolation.

Best combo was what we dubbed 'The Simply Red' which was Brewdog 5am Saint, Red Leicester and Chilli Jam. Awesome combo. Really enjoyable night.

Oskar Blues Pinner and a Ska Brewing Rudie Session IPA. Both really good.

Sadly I've bought others this beer but never tried it myself. Will have to rectify this shortly.

It's just dank AF. Big pine bomb which is right up my street and at 6.8% hits that 'sweet spot' between IPA & DIPA. Might be my favourite beer...

It's my #1 beer Johnny. I can pick you up a bottle for when you're next at a home match. They sell it down the road from me.

Got a bottle of Ace Edge in the shed that I'll be doing a side-by-side with my last bottle of Axe Edge soon.

Buxton are fucking awesome!

c4abd9c22f63cda5cdfa45da95ffe7d6.jpg

The Heller smoked lager is absolutely superb. Need to get myself some more of this. Glorious.

Back