• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Planning on hitting up the Magic Rock tap pre/post Huddersfield away next month though.

Ah man, that sounds ace. I'm trying to convince the missus to come to (and therefore let me go, guilt free, to) Craft Beer rising in London on the 26th Feb. It's my birthday in early Feb and a trip there would do me very nicely indeed.

I've had exactly one of the beers listed there (Buxton - Far Skyliner). This makes me sad.

Planning on hitting up the Magic Rock tap pre/post Huddersfield away next month though.
The Grove has to be on the Terriers itinerary. Far more cask and far less kegs than the trendy spot.

The Grove has to be on the Terriers itinerary. Far more cask and far less kegs than the trendy spot.

What difference does that make? It's not like the kegs are serving Worthingtons and Carling!

I'm sure we'll manage to squeeze in a pint or 4 at the Grove as well... :whistle:

Far more excited about Magic Rock though, for my money one of the best breweries in the country. Nothing better than a schooner of Magic 8 Ball after a Wolves away win.

Just drinking a Modern Times - Black House that I picked up from Brewdog after work. These guys are just exceptional.

I'm trying to convince the missus to come to (and therefore let me go, guilt free, to) Craft Beer rising in London on the 26th Feb. It's my birthday in early Feb and a trip there would do me very nicely indeed.

Denied. She's said I can get new tyres for my bike instead as she thinks I'm turning into a lazy fat bastard!

Amazing really seeing as in the preceding conversation she said she was annoyed/jealous that I was planning on going to a few brewery taps and pubs in London after going to an exhibition for the day in a couple of weeks. She said it sucked that I'd be doing that with my colleague instead of her.

Fucking women's logic!?

Denied. She's said I can get new tyres for my bike instead as she thinks I'm turning into a lazy fat bastard!

Amazing really seeing as in the preceding conversation she said she was annoyed/jealous that I was planning on going to a few brewery taps and pubs in London after going to an exhibition for the day in a couple of weeks. She said it sucked that I'd be doing that with my colleague instead of her.

Fucking women's logic!?

That sucks. CBR was amazing last year and that was only the tiny Glasgow version, I can't imagine how good the Manchester & London events would be.

Where are you planning on going in London? Got to admit I was tempted to hop off the tube before the Charlton game last week and spend the day doing the Bermondsey beer mile.

Anybody tried this place out? http://www.purecraftbars.com/

Looks pretty decent and only a five minute walk from New Street. Got to go and try that out.

My latest box from Honest Brew came through yesterday, roll on the weekend.

What difference does that make? It's not like the kegs are serving Worthingtons and Carling!
Because I prefer my beer brewed, preserved and presented traditionally without any artificial additives.

That sucks. CBR was amazing last year and that was only the tiny Glasgow version, I can't imagine how good the Manchester & London events would be.

Where are you planning on going in London? Got to admit I was tempted to hop off the tube before the Charlton game last week and spend the day doing the Bermondsey beer mile.

Not really worked it out yet but I'm desperate to go to the Howling Hops Tank Room.

Looks pretty decent and only a five minute walk from New Street. Got to go and try that out.

Not been but I love a bit of Purity so will definitely heading there next time I venture out in Brum.

Had their Lawless lager and Longhorn IPA over Christmas and they were both really good. Lawless was probably the best lager I've had (apart from IHL but that's not really even a lager, tbf). Plus you can't beat a pint of Mad Goose.

Also, going to try and get to Indy Man Beer Con later in the year. Go family in Stockport so should be easy to ditch the kids and convince the missus to come to that.

Not really worked it out yet but I'm desperate to go to the Howling Hops Tank Room.

Just googled it, looks amazing. You don't get much fresher than that.

Also, going to try and get to Indy Man Beer Con later in the year. Go family in Stockport so should be easy to ditch the kids and convince the missus to come to that.

Usually around September/October time isn't it? Could tie in nicely with a PNE/Huddersfield/Blackburn/Burnley away day... :whistle:

It's very good Boo. Had a Christmas bar crawl that went there and had a Cwtch Red Ale which was excellent. Some excellent varieties but a bit pricey.

It's very good Boo. Had a Christmas bar crawl that went there and had a Cwtch Red Ale which was excellent. Some excellent varieties but a bit pricey.

Definitely going to check it out, cheers. I gathered it would be a bit pricey from the 'pub grub' menu but I don't mind paying that bit more for quality. I was only wondering as one review classed the place as a bit soulless in the quieter periods.

Back