• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Staropramen is ace, one of my favourite beers..

right I broadened my search of beer and have tried 3 more beers.

Blue moon - plain horrible

Sagorka - the beer was actualy quite nice.

Chang - meh it was alright

I no i'm not the biggest fan of beer but It was worth trying these.

Gambrinus is another czech beer i enjoy, especially good in the sun a hot summer day since its light..or bright maybe you say

Why thank you Dr admin.

I am begining to try more beers. I am sick of the likes of Wkd etc I like a good pint of beer some times. I have found a liking to Bombadier aswell. As you can tell I am drinking a varity at the moment

Glad you said that TGD, Bombardier isn't bad, but there's much better out there. I see you're drinking a 'Varity'... is that a 500ml bottle or 330?

I'm getting a taste for Crabbies lately. Very refreshing in the warm weather with some ice.

That's the alcoholic one isn't it Bear?
Very lovely indeed! And very moorish.

What's Staropramen?
Never heard of it!
Sounds like a medication for a dry scalp...

What is it??
I'll be off up to Sainsbury's shortly so I'll check it out... depending on if it's a beer/ale, cider or a lager type drink?

Staropramen is a lager beer from Czech republic, available both bright and dark WH.

You can only really get the light version over here. It's a lovely pint though, and if kept well, can result in a hangover free morning after!

What is Blue Moon? Never heard of it.

Do enjoy a pint of Star. Haven't had one for a while *plans trip to Supermarket*

What is Blue Moon? Never heard of it.

American, brewed with orange and coriander I think. It's certainly different and maybe an acquired taste but I think its great

If TGD doesn't like it, I'm willing to bet its probably quite nice.

Yeah, Nando must've posted whilst I was typing.

Sagorka is lovely.

Bhrama tonight to try :D

and I absolutely hate blue moon

A friend of my wife's came over last night, having been to the hairdressers, where she'd be given a rose beer. (That's rose as in the wine, not the flower - can't be arsed with the accent)

My God, it's a vile concoction. Like some bastard alcopop with just a hint of beery bitterness lurking somewhere in the background. It's difficult overstate just how wrong it is.

Just found it, so you know what to avoid - http://molsoncoors.com/en/Brands/Global Portfolio/Animee Rose.aspx

It's an odd one, I've had it from bottles and draught and the bottle was much better than the draught.

I can certainly understand why some folk don't like it.

I've only had one pint of it. We were gigging in London and my other half's mate asked if I wanted a beer. I asked for any ale, as there were a couple on offer, and he came back with Blue Moon. I was most disappointed and ended up giving it to the drummer, who, as most drummers, hardly has exacting tastes!

Blue Moon is pretty decent. It's mostly drank by people who don't normally drink beer or women. Having said that, it's also a nice summer beer for a hot day. Normally served with an orange, has a nice citrus flavor on top of the wheat. Very smooth and easy to drink. Their seasonals are normally pretty tasty.

Not my favorite beer ever, but it's not terrible by any stretch. It serves a purpose.

Last edited:
Back