• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Was enjoying a bottle of Grozet the other day. It's a Scottish gooseberry and wheat ale that is crisp and refreshing.

And to think I got told to piss off with my wine and whiskey at the start of the thread as this was the beer thread.

I posted both ciders and whiskey in my last picture and wasn't run off... perhaps the thread participants removed the sticks from their asses?

I posted both ciders and whiskey in my last picture and wasn't run off... perhaps the thread participants removed the sticks from their asses?

It was singular. Well, the ass was, it may have been multiple sticks though.

I've moved over from alcopops to Coors lite and mainly Bud Lite lime.

I'm now imagining the scene in the boat towards the end of the Blackadder II episode 'Potato' with Percy, Edmund and Baldrick.

That's TGD's tipple, that is.

You have a woman's drink my lord!!

I could just see TGD as a real life Lord Percy.

FACT: My uncle invented alchopops, well, Hoopers Hooch.

We used to brew Hooch at the brewery I worked at in Burton. It was nothing but a pain in the arse because it was so thick. It used to clog all the pipes up, the filler heads used to play up, and it took about twice as long to flush and clean everything afterwards. I think we spent more time broken down waiting than we did producing it.

Tell your uncle he's an idiot.

We used to brew Hooch at the brewery I worked at in Burton. It was nothing but a pain in the arse because it was so thick. It used to clog all the pipes up, the filler heads used to play up, and it took about twice as long to flush and clean everything afterwards. I think we spent more time broken down waiting than we did producing it.

Tell your uncle he's an idiot.

Will do!

His job was to get a recipe sorted for an alcoholic lemonade to be ready for production before Two Dogs Lemonade from Australia came out over here. He was told to make it as strong as possible before you could taste the alcohol. The first tester was 14% ABV. They decided to reign it in a bit before it went to market!

Will do!

His job was to get a recipe sorted for an alcoholic lemonade to be ready for production before Two Dogs Lemonade from Australia came out over here. He was told to make it as strong as possible before you could taste the alcohol. The first tester was 14% ABV. They decided to reign it in a bit before it went to market!

More than a four loko... impressive.

I remember Two Dogs as well. Though we never brewed it.

We did do Bud for a while though. A fresh cold bottle of that as it came off the fillers was lovely at the end of a shift.

Back