• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Tonights offering from BeerBods is First Chop Brewing Arm, DOC - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/first-chop-brewing-arm-doc/

077584e0-8dfe-477b-abf4-d0f6bbc77f46.jpg

Nothing too amazing from the description. It's a pale 4.1% hoppy number with citrus and tropical flavour with a long bitter finish.

If it's done well, it could be very nice indeed.

First thing I'm doing when I get some cash is buying one of these subscriptions

Amazing that I posted an identical offer last year from:

https://www.beer52.com/

And Machin dismissed it outright.... Go figure. You get two per week with that one as well.

Yeah, go figure!

It's the online community and background they give for each brewery/beer that makes it worth the £3 per bottle for me. Seems like a better presented model then just the 'random beer each week' vibe that you posted before.

Having one bought for you as a gift subscription can certainly sway your thinking an' all :D

Unlikely those other beers will have "Powerful bitterness, superbly balanced with sweetness and a touch of sour grapefruit" tbf.

Oh, I'm sure they would :icon_wink:

Although I did just see this one on their site:

evil_twin_0008_hipster.jpg

So they can fuck off if they think they're getting a penny of my money!

Loads of bottled ale is made at other brewerys. No biggie.

Former publican Chris Parsons said: "I assumed it was made from the local waters. I wouldn't buy it anymore and think it is a complete and utter con."

The water is Burton is famed for brewing!! Dick. Cornish ale is always flat anyway.

They should put 'NOT brewed in Cornwall' in large letters all over the bottle. A selling point IMO.

Oh, I'm sure they would :icon_wink:

Although I did just see this one on their site:

evil_twin_0008_hipster.jpg

So they can $#@! off if they think they're getting a penny of my money!
Evil Twin makes some truly fantastic stuff tbf

Plenty of stuff got brewed and bottled in Burton for other breweries when I worked there when it was Carlsberg Tetley/Bass/Coors.

Mainly rancid stuff like Hooch, Budweiser, cheapo Bettabuy bitter/lager for the supermarkets, etc but it happens everywhere. Marstons probably bottle other stuff too. Cask and keg stuff usually stays in house though AFAIK.

Early start for me tomorrow (4:30 FFS) so I've stuck my DOC in the fridge to cool for half an hour before I get stuck in. Stumbled across a wee shop that sells Einstök as well today so I've got a nice selection stored away for later.

Tonights offering from BeerBods is First Chop Brewing Arm, DOC - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/first-chop-brewing-arm-doc/

077584e0-8dfe-477b-abf4-d0f6bbc77f46.jpg

Nothing too amazing from the description. It's a pale 4.1% hoppy number with citrus and tropical flavour with a long bitter finish.

If it's done well, it could be very nice indeed.

I really like the sound of the owners bar.

I've been drinking plenty of Polish and Czech lagers lately, Tyskie, Lech etc. perfect with the weather we're having at the mo.

I have Polish neighbours and they gave me a few cans of Lech and Tyskie at Christmas. They were fairy standard from what I remember. A bit Stella-esque.

I'm still a huge fan of Staropramen as far as Czech lagers go.

Staropramen is nice yeah. I am moving away from Heineken which I've drunk for years, towards craft beers, pale ales etc.
Lech and Tyskie have a bit more about them than Stella in fairness.

I'd rather drink Bud than Stella.

Okay, maybe not. But damn if Stella doesn't taste like stale piss.

I'd rather drink Bud than Stella.

Okay, maybe not. But damn if Stella doesn't taste like stale piss.

We call Stella 'wifebeater' in the UK. Sums the beer up perfectly.

So it's the Pabst Blue of Europe? Fucking priceless.

To the average macro drinker here Stella is viewed as almost TOO fancy. The irony has more character than the beer itself...

Back