• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

The Brits must not have mastered stout brewing, then (no offense meant btw). A good stout has more layers than any other style.
Seeing as stout started in London in the 1720s I have dificulty in agreeing.

The Brits must not have mastered stout brewing, then (no offense meant btw). A good stout has more layers than any other style.

It went out of fashion and had struggled ever since, really.

Check the context of my response to Rovert's original post along with his reply and all will be revealed.

Gotcha. Had one too many last night to be thorough!

0809ce3478b89ec359eb931d701a7ee0.jpg

Very nice indeed.

That's a fair old trip. 3hrs+ up to Aberdeen from where I am. Give me a shout if you're stopping off anywhere near Stirling/Falkirk.

Will do pal.

I'm hoping I'll be flying up there whenever I do have to go!

Sat in the Wellington enjoying a pint of Serenity by the excellent Abbeydale.

Extremely quaffable and light. Bloody tasty.

Pint of Freedom - Organic Dark Lager. Very nice.

That looks ace. Shame I'm busy that weekend!

That looks amazing. I've been to all of those except the Court House and they're all top notch pubs. If I didn't have the kids that weekend, I'd have definitely done that.

Only been in the Bull & Bladder. But it does look a tempting list.

A couple of cracking pints of JHB tonight. To quote my mate "looks like piss, tastes like nectar"

A couple of cracking pints of JHB tonight. To quote my mate "looks like piss, tastes like nectar"

Not sure I've ever heard a beer described as "nectar" before.

Commonly used UK description.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I use the term 'nectar' quite a lot when referring to good beer.

Example: I have often labelled Bathams as 'nectar of life' (a phrase nicked from my father). We also call the Bull and Bladder 'Mecca'. I hasten to add that this is nothing to do with Bingo.

Back