• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 21/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Gary O’Neil book of management.

Rule 1: go 1-0 up, change the tactics so that regardless of circumstance, we defend the edge of our box until the opposition score.

Rinse/repeat.

Fucking bored of it.
I'm not even sure it's a deliberate change of tactics. What he's asking of the players is unsustainable beyond an hour, we don't have the players to replace them like for like and he's incapable of being creative in finding alternatives

I'm not even sure it's a deliberate change of tactics. What he's asking of the players is unsustainable beyond an hour and we don't have the players to replace them like for like and he's incapable of being creative in finding alternatives
Tend to agree. You need a deep bench to play the pressing game for 90 to 100 minutes.

If it was up to me I’d have sent him off and told the Wolves players to score more goals

Why was Mosquera booked? It was shoulder to shoulder with Watkins. He didn't pull him down or anything.

We can just play the Kilman replacement we bought instead
I mean fuck Fosun and all but out of the nonsense we’ve been fed, Yerson being Kilman’s replacement was by far the least nonsensical.

Once again the subs have come too late. Waste of time doing it after we've conceded Gaz.

Well we now have a centre back pairing that could be outpaced by a traction engine.

Back