• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) Stupid kick off Time but not on TV Build-Up 11/11/18

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Our worst run of results under Nuno and up against a team currently 14 (?) unbeaten and no doubt a manager furious* and after revenge that Nuno beat him to the MOTM curse, so what does Nuno do to halt the run and get is into yet another international break and prevent us from spending the following 2 weeks of nothingness getting concerned about having to play Huddersfield and Cardiff.

Donk for Benno the only change or a few more with Vinagre taking over from Doc or Jonny. MGW coming into the middle or as part of the front 3

*If the Arsenal fans reaction is anything to go by

Wait, this is not on tv?

Donc in for Bennett should be a given (Aubameyang would destroy him) & Vini for Doc for me - Bellerin is shit defensively, lets get at him.

I'd start Dendonker over Bennett. We're 11 games in now, so Bennett has had a good run in the side, but for me - the opposition teams are starting to target that right hand side and it's causing us issues. We're not keeping clean sheets anymore. Bennett, although improved, is the most uncomfortable player with the ball at his feet out of our back three - and he looks awkward and likely to commit a foul when players are running at him. He's also more exposed than Boly over on the other side as Doherty gets forward more than Jonny.

I'd love Vinny to start, but I can't see Nuno making wholesale changes. MGW will also continue on the bench because Nuno isn't going to drop Moutinho or Neves - and even though you could realistically make a case for MGW starting in one of the inside forward roles - that's not his best position & we won't get the best out of him playing there.

So just the one change for me. Happy with Cav & Costa starting.

Huddersfield is the game to make real changes - not this one

All 'pundits' will predict an Arsenal win & this is a free hit - if we can start the game in the way we started the second half on Saturday then we have a chance

2 goals in the first half then just stick 9 of the 11 along the goal line (would leave 2 up the field for a break away 3rd)

few changes agreed but would give Dendonk a go instead of Bennett, and possibly switch Jonny to right back and bring Vin in on left

Wait, this is not on tv?

Donc in for Bennett should be a given (Aubameyang would destroy him) & Vini for Doc for me - Bellerin is $#@! defensively, lets get at him.

I will find it somewhere!

Dendocker for Bennett I think is a must, but I'd also be tempted to move Jonny to the right and play Vinagre on the left. Not because Matt deserves to be dropped but because I'd be scared of him vs Auba. I'd back Jonny a bit more.

This is the premier league. It's easy for the sides who aren't the genuine elite to lost 4-7 games in a row. Now only 4 pts ahead of West Ham for example who previously looked in crisis.

Not very ambitious but a point would be huge, or losing by a single goal would play into our favour once the entire season is added and tallied.

Thought Arsenal looked very good versus Liverpool so am anticipating a serious test here for some of our guys.

Already been said by many but I would get Dendoncker in for Bennett and Vinny in for Doc with Otto moving over. Other than that I wouldn't change it including leaving Cav in even if Jota is fit.

I am not worried about the run of losses at all we have won several games already and the points total is healthy that is all that matters.

Oh FFS

DrUd7uyW4AEgIaf

Fucking Attwell the useless cunt no miricle wins for us now

Oh fuckety fuck that is bad news, how is this man still in a job? Not going to be good for the blood pressure this one then.

Back to the place where he first won a special place in our hearts.

Guess Welbeck will be missing.

Looking forward to this one. Watching it in Mijas as I am now a spanish resident.

Back