• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) Stupid kick off Time but not on TV Build-Up 11/11/18

Going up to this - well at £11.25 for a ticket for an elderly person would have been rude to not take up the offer, but fair play to Arsenal for a decent pricing policy.

They will be full of confidence, but 'most' unbeaten runs come to an end sometime though we need to start the game the way we played the second half v Spurs.

Staying over at my elder son's new house in South London so an easy tube journey in - might not be the most comfortable stay though as it needs a shedload of work (only way it was affordable) & has no functioning heating as the boiler was defunct. New boiler is in, but not yet connected (or at least not when I spoke to him yesterday) & that's being done by a relative who is Corgi gas registered so out of normal working hours on a 'private' basis. Still as he has been technically homeless for the last few months at least he has his own roof over his head again & I will get to see what he has paid an obscene amount of money to buy.

Jota available again for this one.

Looking forward to this one. Watching it in Mijas as I am now a spanish resident.

Esperemos un gran resultado para Wolverhampton para que la cerveza pueda fluir en su bar- I think thats close to intelligible

Hoping we can get me a belated birthday present with 3 points.

Will be interesting to see what we do in midfield. Not necessarily in terms of whether MGW starts or not but in terms of what our plan is to minimize Torreira's impact on our tactics.

Would be surprised if Nuno changes formation at all, but wonder whether we need a bit more in midfield (whichever pair we play - though would expect Neves & Moutinho to start)

Maybe it needs someone who can play there as well as up front to start with so that they can give assistance there if needed - may well be a game that MGW on the left instead of jota or Cav has some benefit as he can play that role as well as covering a bit further back.

Out go Johnny, Costa, and Cav and tweak the formation for me:

-----------------Patricio-----------------
--------Bennett---Coady---Boly---------
Doc-----Neves----MGW----Mout----Vin---
----------------------Jota-------------------------
------------------------------Raul-------------------

Out go Johnny, Costa, and Cav and tweak the formation for me:

-----------------Patricio-----------------
--------Bennett---Coady---Boly---------
Doc-----Neves----MGW----Mout----Vin---
----------------------Jota-------------------------
------------------------------Raul-------------------

Highly unlikely, think it will be the usual starting 11 with either Cav or Jota at left forward position and the usual formation, Nuno won't be panicing at this early stage after his tactics have been spot on so far for the most part

I could perhaps see him playing MGW as an IF, he was better than any of our other IFs.

No way we will change the formation, potential changes for me are: Dendoncker for Bennett and Jota back in for Cav.

Despite how well MGW played last week I don't think he's in contention to start and given Doherty's attacking output (Im not saying its a lot, he's just a bit more dangerous than our Ifs at the moment) he won't be dropped.

I’d like to see MGW get a start alongside Neves at some point but would choose a home game against a side who will be sitting back, a bit of extra drive from midfield may really help break teams down, I think he may be positionally exposed against a better team like Arsenal.

One of those games that we may play without any pressure. Hope Nuno isn't tempted to change a lot of things and we may get something out of this.

I«ll be following through my app since it is not on tv

We can definitely create opportunities if we can get hold of the ball. Arsenal have looked decent under Emery but they are not the final product out of possesion. Our two against their two in midfield should be a good battle.

Torreira and Xhaka? That worries me v Neves & Moutinho

Xhaka has been woeful for Arsenal, I'm not worried about him.

Lacazette and Aubameyang pulling into our iffy right hand side channel, much more so.

He's been better this season in a more advanced role.

Aubamayang against doc or Bennett is terrifying.

Torreira is absolutely class. He'll be snapping around all over Joao and Ruben.

Xhaka is a wonderful passer of the ball but out of possession he drifts and daydreams and we could take advantage of that. He looks better with Torreira alongside him for sure - he's superb.

I will be interested to see how we set up our press. When I went to Arsenal against City first game of the season they really struggled to get out of their own half as City set up very high. They created a lot of their own problems too. Do we play on that or do we set up like we did against City, slightly deeper to negate the fact that the likes of Auba and Lacazette could ruin us in behind if they get the opportunity. I think it will be the latter tbh.

Keep an eye on Alex Iwobi without the ball one of the worst midfielders in the Premier league, you can get at this lot.

Iwobi has been excellent this season

Back