• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NSFW Amusing/Interesting/Thought Provoking Video + Picture Thread

Not at all, of course i thought it stood for not suitable for women.
Not suitable for the workplace?????
You are taking the piss, where do you work, a fucking nunnery?
Why would you think we would have a not suitable for women thread? A happy place for blokes to go and make jokes without the women getting offended?

Why would you think we would have a not suitable for women thread? A happy place for blokes to go and make jokes without the women getting offended?
I thought in my naeivaty (sp) it was a out the language used, specificallythe c word,
Which i detest, paddy apart

fq4mY6sBaBD4.gif

So weird you posted that - this whole charade has more than a hint of Brent about it.

"How can I hate women? My mum's one."

Fucking hell Pav, you're not doing yourself any favours here mate.

It was a sexist joke, not harmless banter. That's something you just need to accept rather than argue. It's not 1973 anymore.

And I can imagine Paul's rubbing his hands in amusement at the woke bomb that he dropped, because mehhhh

You're welcome to your opinion, LJ. Perhaps I was a little crass & posted it without giving much thought. If I said a similar comment to my partner, she'd probably take it as it was meant - a little gentle ribbing with no malice intended, but the written word can come across very differently to the spoken one. I can comfortably say she wouldn't get offended on behalf of others. And she, like myself, certainly wouldn't go around labeling people with names like "misogynist" when they know nothing about them. But each to their own.

This conversation is on risky ground at this point, so I'll step away as I definitely don't fancy getting grouped in with some of the other more... er, 'controversial' posters on this forum. The lines are being blurred because Pav has mentioned that dangerous word "banter", which by the way, genuinely racist, or sexist, or whatever people hide behind - but that wasn't how my post the other day was intended then, or now. Discussions like this always remind me of this:

Anyway, apologies for any offence caused. I'd go back and delete it but it was quoted a few times so doesn't seem like much point now.
so firstly i respect your reply, and additional info.

For clarification I labelled the comment misogynistic, not you. I believe people can, and do make comments, myself included, that can be naïve, and/or can lack a bit of thought and context. The important thing we can do, is to learn from these instances. I didn't challenge your original post because it came from you. This wasn't personal, it was the issue I didn't like.

Admittedly my reaction today may have been, and likewise I'd offer my apologies to you if it came across that way. I am passionate about the issue, but perhaps that is because i have a wife, and 3 stepdaughters, and the stepdaughters also have girls, and I see their rights as being essential, and unworthy of denigration.

One last point, It is possibly your partner may see the comment as "gentle ribbing", and some of this will be because she knows you as a person, and your intentions. Equally, she may feel it's also very invalidating - she might be MORE upset because of hormones, but it doesn't mean the upset is invalid. And that can be where the issue lies on a deeper basis, and where upset can be caused. It reduces women to this level, when they are so much more.

so firstly i respect your reply, and additional info.

For clarification I labelled the comment misogynistic, not you. I believe people can, and do make comments, myself included, that can be naïve, and/or can lack a bit of thought and context. The important thing we can do, is to learn from these instances. I didn't challenge your original post because it came from you. This wasn't personal, it was the issue I didn't like.

Admittedly my reaction today may have been, and likewise I'd offer my apologies to you if it came across that way. I am passionate about the issue, but perhaps that is because i have a wife, and 3 stepdaughters, and the stepdaughters also have girls, and I see their rights as being essential, and unworthy of denigration.

One last point, It is possibly your partner may see the comment as "gentle ribbing", and some of this will be because she knows you as a person, and your intentions. Equally, she may feel it's also very invalidating - she might be MORE upset because of hormones, but it doesn't mean the upset is invalid. And that can be where the issue lies on a deeper basis, and where upset can be caused. It reduces women to this level, when they are so much more.
Fair play, LJ & duly noted 😘

And I can imagine Paul's rubbing his hands in amusement at the woke bomb that he dropped, because mehhhh
That could not actually be further from the truth, I made a mistake. I posted something with a flippancy (rather than malice) and without thought of the consequences , I have now removed the offending post, and I apologise unreservedly for any upset caused

It's ok to know something is sexist but still find it funny.

Plenty of people find jokes offensive but still laugh like drains. If they didn't then Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr would be out of a job.

You're welcome to your opinion, LJ. Perhaps I was a little crass & posted it without giving much thought. If I said a similar comment to my partner, she'd probably take it as it was meant - a little gentle ribbing with no malice intended, but the written word can come across very differently to the spoken one. I can comfortably say she wouldn't get offended on behalf of others. And she, like myself, certainly wouldn't go around labeling people with names like "misogynist" when they know nothing about them. But each to their own.

This conversation is on risky ground at this point, so I'll step away as I definitely don't fancy getting grouped in with some of the other more... er, 'controversial' posters on this forum. The lines are being blurred because Pav has mentioned that dangerous word "banter", which by the way, genuinely racist, or sexist, or whatever people hide behind - but that wasn't how my post the other day was intended then, or now. Discussions like this always remind me of this:

Anyway, apologies for any offence caused. I'd go back and delete it but it was quoted a few times so doesn't seem like much point now.
Your missus would be happy to be asked 'are you on your period?'

I think I'd be looking for a new home if I said that to my wife.

Incidentally, if your partner is smaller than you does that mean she's a mouse sized spouse?

*Only Bantz Jinkerbelle before you reach for that report button*

Fucking hell Pav, you're not doing yourself any favours here mate.

It was a sexist joke, not harmless banter. That's something you just need to accept rather than argue. It's not 1973 anymore.

Sorry i am late replying, i was at lunch with some friends and had a 4km wLk home after.
Del, i am not here to do myzelf any favours, i know who, and what i am, and have no need to justify myself to anyone, let alone a keyboard warrior who knows nothing about me, or frankly even gives a shit about me or anything other than his keyboard status.
Its not the first time this individual has leapt on me as racist.
Benefit of doubt i could see where he was coming from when i called raul a tequila twat for getting sent of in a game rather stupidly, it was a stupid play on words on my part and i conceded to that, though not as racist but as a thoughtless cu nt who had a drink.

Second time was when i said i loved the japanese team in thr world cup and likened their constant tenacity to army ants. Langers pronounced me racist again.
I pm'd him a d suggested he watch national geographic tv and see how tenacious army ants are and the fact they arent yellow, and as far as i could see they dont have different eyes to us , apologie
Ha ha keyboard heroes never apologise.
So today i say that say i thuoght what was a clever play on a news photograpgh, fuck me im a racist again.
Sone of us need to get a life, but i will reply in some minutes directly to mr racist pronouncer on this thread, and will be interested to see if he has in anyway other than keyboard bravado to justify his illinformed personal assault on me.
Must go now my daughter is calling, tou see my point

Same with racist jokes?
Depends on the context. A joke mocking racism that blurs the lines a little... Maybe, maybe not.

I just get uncomfortable when people are attacked for finding something funny. Go after the person who made the joke instead.

I personally didn't find the banner/ironing pic funny, but I did chuckle at the blatant misogyny. Is that the same or do you have to justify whether you're laughing ironically or because you agree with the sentiment. Will everyone have to justify why they're laughing at jokes in the future in case they offend someone?

I just posted a pic of Suella Braverman where the interpreter was seemingly making a Nazi gesture mockingly. Is that ok to laugh at or should we find it offensive?

Back