• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NSFW Amusing/Interesting/Thought Provoking Video + Picture Thread

So, is that a yes or a no?

So, is that a yes or a no?
I said it depends. Plenty of comedians out there blurring the lines between offensive and funny on all sorts of topics, including racism. There's no set answer since comedy is so subjective and it depends on each individual joke.

Take Jimmy Carr not too long ago, who made a joke about the Holocaust, and was widely criticised for it. Yet there were plenty of people on his side too.

It's not up to me to decide about other people. I can only say what I find funny or offensive or where my personal line in the sand is.

Replace the word "sexist" with the word "racist" in your original statement.

It's ok to know something is racist but still find it funny.

You happy to stand by that?

I said it depends. Plenty of comedians out there blurring the lines between offensive and funny on all sorts of topics, including racism. There's no set answer since comedy is so subjective and it depends on each individual joke.
I disagree. Good comedians don't blur the lines, the joke is about the racists. Often they don't see this tho.

Mr langers
It seems i am your favourite attack mode with your racist, sexist, mysoginist attack on me personally, so rather than get into a row on line lets evaluate.
First i made a comment calling Raul a Tequila twat you called me a racist.
I apologised, admitting it was an ill thought out play on words delivered by a man upset at the result who had had a drink.
I then likened my admiration to the japanese team at the world cup to ants, again you were in there at the speed of light and fuck me i was a racist again.
I PM'd you and suggested you view national geographic tv re army ants re their tenacity, and pointed out they were neither yellow nor had anything different with their eyes
Apology for your incorrect assumption, ha ha , what apology?
So today i say a post by another person, made me laff, note the word laff.
No comment as to the right or wrong with the post just that it made me laff.
So in order to research your necessity to attack me at every opportunity, and based on the fact you have never met me , know nothing whatsoever about me, yet are still totally convinced i am a racist, sexist mysogonist, and to paraphrase paddy, a total cunt, i decided to do some research, to determine am i this evil monster that you appear determined to portray.
So, while i know saying i have a gay friend is not an excuse for a homophobic comment, i decided to research women.

I sent the picture of the banner with the ironing comment in place to 7 women.
One my daughter, one a lesbian, , and all coming from the uk, belgium, france, greece, ireland,spain, and israel.
Ok now, a couple called me a cheeky bastard, a couple asked me if i knew an iron from a chainsaw, and other comments far too private and not for here (or i would be in the shit again on here)

Now you can call me a liar, which would fit your current profile of my opinion, or accept that fact that everyone was laffin, and ended their message with numerous laffin emojis, which we tend to do.

So, my question is this, on the 3 counts detailed here am i a racist, sexist mysogonist, or are you out of your depth as a modetator.

Now before the rest jump in, yes i can be a total cunt, especially like many here, if they are honest, after a drink, but the monster you are looking for langers , is not in greece, and either way doesnt give a fuck about your right wing opinions, and dreadfully sad lack of even the glimpse of humour or or your ability to apply the benefit of doubt to your own fixed opinions before you type them.

Remember people have been around a lot longer than the internet.

Replace the word "sexist" with the word "racist" in your original statement.

It's ok to know something is racist but still find it funny.

You happy to stand by that?
You continue to miss/ignore the point.

I saw a video on YouTube a while back of Don Rickles. He was lauded as being a maverick comedian at the time, and the comments had people saying how much they still loved him and found him hilarious. Yet a lot of his routine was racial stereotyoes towards Sammy Davis Junior who he often ripped into. I didn't find it in the least bit funny, and was uncomfortable watching it. It's obvious that most people find it offensive nowadays.

The classic line is it should be "I find it offensive" not "it is offensive." One man's giggle is another man's frothing at the mouth upset. Over time general feelings preside and people stop doing things because society condemns it. That has obviously happened with racism and sexism, but there are still plenty of people who laugh at such stuff. I'll happily disagree with someone, but won't personally attack them for it.

I saw a video on YouTube a while back of Don Rickles. He was lauded as being a maverick comedian at the time, and the comments had people saying how much they still loved him and found him hilarious. Yet a lot of his routine was racial stereotyoes towards Sammy Davis Junior who he often ripped into. I didn't find it in the least bit funny, and was uncomfortable watching it. It's obvious that most people find it offensive nowadays.

The classic line is it should be "I find it offensive" not "it is offensive." One man's giggle is another man's frothing at the mouth upset. Over time general feelings preside and people stop doing things because society condemns it. That has obviously happened with racism and sexism, but there are still plenty of people who laugh at such stuff. I'll happily disagree with someone, but won't personally attack them for it.
So, is that a yes or no?

What?
Wvy would i think it meant not suitable for the workplace, are you for real?
You've never heard the phrase Not Suitable for Work?

Surely you wouldn't be that dense to think there would be a thread where women are excluded?

The fact that a shrinking minority of people may find it funny does not, in and of itself make it acceptable though.

This thread is even worse than when Leeds posts his shit memes. Very depressing.

Same. I googled it about 3 years ago.
Apparently in case you open it at work and someone passing behind you may see it.
Or, as it appears, a Woman walking behind you may see it.

Same. I googled it about 3 years ago.
Apparently in case you open it at work and someone passing behind you may see it.
Or, as it appears, a Woman walking behind you may see it.
It was from the good old days of work email (before proxy servers, acceptable use policies and the like became a thing) and you'd get folk emailing stuff to each other, across companies too. Depending on who you knew some of it could be very questionable indeed hence the need for the NSFW tag.

Back