• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

A jolly good read?

It's fine as far as action films go. Though I haven't read the books so can't compare or be disappointed.

Rosamund Pike is nice though. Impressive boobage.

It's fine as far as action films go. Though I haven't read the books so can't compare or be disappointed.

Rosamund Pike is nice though. Impressive boobage.

It's very much a 'meh' adaptation of 'one shot' which is excellent. Reacher is one if my favourite ever characters, he's practically feral. I haven't read a bad one yet. Easy reading and as long as you check your brain in before reading too much into it they're great.

Anyone read the new Jack Reacher book?

A friend read it and said it was shite.... don't believe her.

I AM Jack Reacher....!

Anyone read the new Jack Reacher book?

A friend read it and said it was $#@!e.... don't believe her.

I AM Jack Reacher....!

I haven't read 'Personal' yet. Not even read a review of it. I've just finished 'never go back' which is pretty good.

I haven't read 'Personal' yet. Not even read a review of it. I've just finished 'never go back' which is pretty good.

'Personal' Johnny??
What's that?? Is that the online version only in New York when he was a kid, a kind of novella?
I think 'Never Go Back' is the one where he makes his way back to Virginia to see the bird he fancied on the phone....

Or do I have that wrong?

'Personal' Johnny??
What's that?? Is that the online version only in New York when he was a kid, a kind of novella?
I think 'Never Go Back' is the one where he makes his way back to Virginia to see the bird he fancied on the phone....

Or do I have that wrong?

'Personal' was released last August. Don't know anything about it and I try not to read many book reviews as I know the character pretty well after his 18th run out!

Yes, Never Go Back is the one where he meets the new CO of his old unit he first spoke to in 61 Hours (my favourite book in the series). Follows on nicely from A Wanted Man too.

I haven't read any of the novellas are they any good?

Jack Reacher walks alone. Once a go-to hard man in the US military police, now he's a drifter of no fixed abode. But the army tracks him down. Because someone has taken a long-range shot at the French president.

Only one man could have done it. And Reacher is the one man who can find him.

This new heartstopping, nailbiting book in Lee Child's number-one bestselling series takes Reacher across the Atlantic to Paris - and then to London. The stakes have never been higher - because this time, it's personal.

Not released until August 28th 2014!

Oops, that's why I haven't read it then!!

In which case your mate and I have very different opinions on Never Go Back. I think it's brilliant and a little different.

I loved the first Reacher book and am now onto the 2nd. He doesnt have much luck though does he? He inadvertantly wanders into a town containing a murderous group of counterfeiters and then 8 months later gets himself caught up in an FBI kidnap. What are the chances?! Good job no on can kick more ass than Jack Reacher!

Reading americsnah by chimamanda adiche in proper paperback. First non-kindle book I've read for ages and its reminding me why I love reading so much.

An absolutely amazing book, her books are always good but this is truly brilliant.

Got a load of stuff loaded up to the kindle for my hols but I am taking a couple of dead tree books with me as well. Picked up Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, which I am really looking forward to. Heard a lot of good stuff about the author and reading the first chapter I was hugely impressed by the evocative nature of the writing. Descriptively very powerful - I could really imagine I was in a city a la Blade Runner just from the brilliant vocabulary used.

Got a load of stuff loaded up to the kindle for my hols but I am taking a couple of dead tree books with me as well. Picked up Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, which I am really looking forward to. Heard a lot of good stuff about the author and reading the first chapter I was hugely impressed by the evocative nature of the writing. Descriptively very powerful - I could really imagine I was in a city a la Blade Runner just from the brilliant vocabulary used.

fantastic read. If u like it, his other I like a lot is The Scar.

The Longest Ride, by Nicholas Sparks. Unfortunately not a jolly good read, but an utterly sickly finger down throat drively sloppy load of romantic bollocks.

I finished Stephen King 22/11/63! It only took me almost a year!

And now I need a new one, starting on a trip this weekend and finishing... In about a year. Will be surfing this thread exclusively for ideas again.

I've got bill brysons 1927 a summer in America on the go,600 pages,I'm 2 days in and over halfway through,it's the summer of Lindberghs first solo flight across the Atlantic,babe Ruth conquering baseball,Henry ford making a cock up of car building,jack Dempsey bursting onto the boxing scene,prohibition and loads of other stuff all linking in. I'm not selling it well I admit,but it's a good real easy read,as is most of brysons books,and it was on a buy one get one half price in wolves waterstones. The peoples records by Stuart maconie was the other I bought,again his books always worth a read as well

Managed to find a copy of Eric Clapton's autobiography for my holiday reading.

And The Secret Footballer - time to see what all the fuss is about.

Always enjoyed reading Bill Bryson books. I'll have to get his new one. A walk in the woods is my favourite.

Just finished the 'Hater' series by David Moody (Hater/Dog Blood/Them & Us)

Disturbing yet compelling at the same time

I went with Not Dead Enough by Peter James. Enjoying it so far.

Back