• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves vs Norwich Matchday Thread

The BIG plus point is somehow we have contrived to be only one down so it is recoverable. Danny Batth should be ashamed about his challenge on Jerome. Most non-league centre backs would have done a bit better than that. Not Championship captain material unless he fucking improves. I also feel that Ikeme should get stick for the goal. Completely back on his heels which made reacting to the header much more difficult and then it was past him. Disappointing, often turgid stuff.

For me, Ikeme is caught like this far too often. So many goals he just stands there doing fuck all and then looks accusingly at the defence. The defence is shit but Ikeme should at least be attempting a save.

Goal was Batths's fault completely - ikeme was expecting it to go far post, because there should be no way Batth loses that. Very poor defending again from Batth

The BIG plus point is somehow we have contrived to be only one down so it is recoverable. Danny Batth should be ashamed about his challenge on Jerome. Most non-league centre backs would have done a bit better than that. Not Championship captain material unless he fucking improves. I also feel that Ikeme should get stick for the goal. Completely back on his heels which made reacting to the header much more difficult and then it was past him. Disappointing, often turgid stuff.

I don't think I'll ever get over seeing that goal.

I agree with Johnny the front three have done their best but they are feeding off scraps and hoof balls.

That first half further highlights how important Bod is to our side now. It's time to shine Dicko!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The thing is (speaking as a keeper here) even if you think Batth is covering it, even if you think it is going in the other corner, your starting position is ON YOUR TOES. Heels brushing the grass, knees slightly bent. At least then you have a chance to try and push off and attempt the save either way. Back on your heels you just cannot react if the ball goes back across you. The starting position kills you.

If the defences sole plan was to do something more than shit their pants and just hoof it away we might be able to provide the front three with a bit more service

It's not horse$#@! at all, Johnny. I have a lot of respect for your opinions but you're in the minority today.

Please don't confuse my opinion of the match with your comments on Mendes. His players are the best in a Wolves shirt today.

Well, we are certainly second best at the moment and lucky to be only one down.

We need to play a higher line and push Edwards further forward. The quick guys up front need to work their back four more and amongst them. This is where we are missing Bod.

Hopefully Walter has given them a rocket. COME ON.

Bit stunned to see how few people there are in the Steve Bull stand!
Lower tier about a third full and those just grouped around the centre and the Upper Tiers too about the same!

Sky. Later kick off. Cack weather. £30 a ticket for Norwich fans in the SB Lower.

These things combine to a half-empty looking Molineux. Disappointing to see both ends so sparsely populated though.

Bit stunned to see how few people there are in the Steve Bull stand!
Lower tier about a third full and those just grouped around the centre and the Upper Tiers too about the same!

Likely because its on the TV?

I would imagine people will want to watch in the comfort of their homes with the heating on!

At this rate it should be Tex off for Dicko and Cav moved wide left.

Ugh. Seol Ki Hyeun Lite.

Just fucking shoot!

Back