• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves vs Norwich Matchday Thread

Norwich doing what we seem to struggle to do - keep the ball, and pass it around crisply without any silly mistakes that gift the ball back.

We just don't seem to have enough quality on the ball unless it's against a lesser team. Newcastle being the exception it seems.

Even if you thought he had a good game (remind me of one thing he did of any note), to say he was MOTM is madness.

He was second in most peoples eyes to Tex. I thought he was absolutely tremendous. I think you need new eyes.

Only Costa and cav have looked decent in this half. Amazing Norwich haven't created more clear cut chances really, at least it's only 1-0

Dicko and price on for second half, Tex and Edwards off.

It just isn't happening at all for us and the defence is just awful tonight. Ball retention dire. Only bright spark is Costa, and maybe a little from Teix. Really poor performance. Worst thing is, Norwich look cack as well overall, and we are making them look a much superior outfit.

Tex having a shocker. Not sure Prince and Edwards works as the two advanced CMs. Lucky to still be in the game

Terrible performance. The goal looked absolutely diabolical from Batth and ikeme.

Hoof ball to a trio of short tricky players who need the ball at their feet.

Only Doherty with any credit, and he's not been great.

Changes needed at HT just not good enough. Costa has been the bright point Batth needs a kick up the ass as a stopper that just shouldn't happen. Dicko for Tex and Price for Edwards please Walter.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Terrible stuff apart from a couple of times we have looked decent on the break. Defence is an absolute joke, get Dicko and Price on, get Edwards off and one other. Complete crap at the moment.

Two sitting Mids to control the ball would be better, then Dicko as the point of attack,

I must be watching a different game to most. I think the front three are working hard and creating without anything clear cut. I like the pressing game and CBJ is looking good, reading the game well and passing forward when he can.

Midfield 3 getting in each other's way for some reason and not great with the ball. Iorfa, Batth, Prince and Doherty have been collectively shite.

What utter shite
Costa breaks away. Dorrans takes one for the team. Will Grigg breaks away. Batth stands and watches
This is just men against boys. It's a team that'll be in the mix picking up an easy three points against a mid table team with a few players who look like they don't give a shit.
The Mendes link might be sexy, but it ain't what you need in the Championship sadly

The BIG plus point is somehow we have contrived to be only one down so it is recoverable. Danny Batth should be ashamed about his challenge on Jerome. Most non-league centre backs would have done a bit better than that. Not Championship captain material unless he fucking improves. I also feel that Ikeme should get stick for the goal. Completely back on his heels which made reacting to the header much more difficult and then it was past him. Disappointing, often turgid stuff.

What utter $#@!e
Costa breaks away. Dorrans takes one for the team. Will Grigg breaks away. Batth stands and watches
This is just men against boys. It's a team that'll be in the mix picking up an easy three points against a mid table team with a few players who look like they don't give a $#@!.
The Mendes link might be sexy, but it ain't what you need in the Championship sadly

Total horseshit and over reaction.

The BIG plus point is somehow we have contrived to be only one down so it is recoverable. Danny Batth should be ashamed about his challenge on Jerome. Most non-league centre backs would have done a bit better than that. Not Championship captain material unless he $#@!ing improves. I also feel that Ikeme should get stick for the goal. Completely back on his heels which made reacting to the header much more difficult and then it was past him. Disappointing, often turgid stuff.

Ikeme back on his heels? In other news, night follows day. How many times has the ball gone across the six yard line with Ikeme standing and watching?

Utter dire stuff back four have looked sub standard at times, midfield simply isn't working. Norwich are first to every 2nd ball.
There keeper hasn't made a single save so far.
Ball retention is appalling, reality is its a very poor game Norwich haven't been majestic doing simple tasks at the back well and being a bit sharper.

Dicko on as we need someone that can hold the ball up so that we can get further up the pitch. Coady on for Prince.

Back