• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Leeds United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good blog DW.

A couple of comments if I may. I don't care which of them it is, Prince/Edwards, but we must try not to put them both into the side together, until we get someone better (Evans? Is he fit?).
Also, I still feel we should start with Dicko and Bod together, if they are both fully fit (Zenga suggesting not). I like the side you suggested, but I would replace Cav with Dicko.

On Cav, he doesn't seem to have settled yet, and certainly isn't playing like a £7 million man IMO. A good option off the bench, though.
I also think that Price is more creative than Coady, and if Price plays as a defensive mid. next to Saisse, then the team would benefit.

I have to say I have been impressed with Coady this season so far he looks like a different player. That said eventually he should be no more than backup.

As for Cav I think we haven't seen anywhere near the best of him and sitting on the bench won't help that. He needs to settle fast along with the others if we are going to see some more consistency in our play (Tex being the obvious example awesome one game dire the next)

I am going with the happy clappers guide to optimism and saying that things will click this weekend and we will go on a run.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Pretty much agree with all of this (I too enjoy your blog even if I don't always agree with your view)
I'd be happy with your starting line-up, think Docs done ok this season but would like to see more of Silvio. CBJ was poor last time I saw him but hopefully that was just a one-off. If Costa runs out of steam I think Dicko could fill that wide attacking berth no problem in fact it seems to me even when he plays as the main striker, he often pulls out wide right.

Coming up for this one (with the almighty Del Woppio & Banjo), so looking forward to it.

I'd just like Walter to play a balanced side - and as we're the home side, lets actually try and win the game. Doherty has played more minutes then any other player this season (I think), so I assume he'll start. Possibly at right back - not that I agree it's his best position anymore.

--------------Ikeme-----------
Doherty-Batth---Hause---CBJ
Costa--Teixeira--Saiss---Cav
----------Dicko----Bod--------

Why not, let´s have a go and score some goals..interesting team, 4-2 win

First game of the season for me - presume the Western is still best for a pre-match pint? Where do people drink afterwards?

First game of the season for me - presume the Western is still best for a pre-match pint? Where do people drink afterwards?

Not sure at the moment but if one of the group is getting an early train we head to The Moon...Will send you a PM when I get to Wolves and let you know what we decide if you like Jabba?

Pre match we're likely to go to two of The Moon, Hogs Head, Posada, or George Wallace and maybe even a quick call into Slaters

Not sure at the moment but if one of the group is getting an early train we head to The Moon...Will send you a PM when I get to Wolves and let you know what we decide if you like Jabba?

Pre match we're likely to go to two of The Moon, Hogs Head, Posada, or George Wallace and maybe even a quick call into Slaters

Cheers Mike - got the other half with me today, so that may limit my options!

I'm excited!
Not only 1st match of the season, but first on 2016 for me...
Plus get to see people!

Cheers Mike - got the other half with me today, so that may limit my options!

Are you determined to go to the western pre match Jabba? It's not very good now ;)
When I get in there will be a few of us... Lycan, Lemon jelly
Deutsch, Parkin, plus my brother and mate Sam. Let me know if you fancy joining us and I'll let you know where we are heading. Due in just before 12

Are you determined to go to the western pre match Jabba? It's not very good now ;)
When I get in there will be a few of us... Lycan, Lemon jelly
Deutsch, Parkin, plus my brother and mate Sam. Let me know if you fancy joining us and I'll let you know where we are heading. Due in just before 12

Could kill 2 birds - swift pint in the Western, then head over to you - let me know where you are - imagine we might not be with you until 2ish.

Could kill 2 birds - swift pint in the Western, then head over to you - let me know where you are - imagine we might not be with you until 2ish.

Mike, Sorry to be a pain, but I'm changing mobile provider right now, so could you send message to number you will have, plus number will text you from in a bit - no idea when will actually change over numbers.

Excellent. Keep an eye on here and I'll let you know where we'll be

My first game since that Peterborough shambles a few Christmases ago, quite excited tbf!

I just wish we could find a manager that plays the best players in there best positions!!!

Tall, bald, Sagittarian seeks Darlington male for good times - please advise of place for rendezvous..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back