• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves TV

That press release is quite instructive.

So it sounds as if in opting out of iFollow, we've completely given up the right to use their footage, hence need to send our own camera teams to every game.

This sheds light on the 'technical difficulties' announcement at the start of the season.

It seems as if opting out of iFollow was a huge commitment and at the moment it doesn't appear to have been the correct thing to do.

Slightly controversial: I don't actually think our new website is that good either. It's certainly not light years ahead of the new standardised format clubs who stayed with the EFL package got.

So just to get this straight.

We can watch the Derby v Wolves match 'live' through a stream provided by Derby, for the one off cost of £5? Or is this only to non-UK fans?

They are making it sound like we can watch the Hull & Cardiff games on a live stream via our own website, as part of the £45 package. But I thought that was only a service to people outside the UK? The fans in the UK can watch a full match replay at a later date, but listen to live audio. That's my understanding - have they now changed it so we can watch live streams of the match?

That press release is quite instructive.

So it sounds as if in opting out of iFollow, we've completely given up the right to use their footage, hence need to send our own camera teams to every game.

This sheds light on the 'technical difficulties' announcement at the start of the season.

It seems as if opting out of iFollow was a huge commitment and at the moment it doesn't appear to have been the correct thing to do.

Slightly controversial: I don't actually think our new website is that good either. It's certainly not light years ahead of the new standardised format clubs who stayed with the EFL package got.

I'm not saying you are wrong but that's not how I read what was said on the news bulletin.

"Limited gantry space at Pride Park means Wolves are unable to send the required camera crew to the stadium, and, whilst Derby have made their live feed available, we are not comfortable enough that the process required to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted service to our fans would be guaranteed. As a result, we do not feel confident that our stream could provide the reliable and value-for-money service that we would want to offer supporters."

They say that Derby made their live feed available, so if Derby are part of iFollow system, I read it that we've not 'given up the right' just that linking to their feed may present both technical and financial problems. We need to ask WolvesTV to expand their product to include the facilities we would like them to provide e.g. commentary, replays, match info. graphics etc., and to that end I've already sent a polite request to them by email on tv@wolves.co.uk and would encourage others to do the same.

So just to get this straight.

We can watch the Derby v Wolves match 'live' through a stream provided by Derby, for the one off cost of £5? Or is this only to non-UK fans?

They are making it sound like we can watch the Hull & Cardiff games on a live stream via our own website, as part of the £45 package. But I thought that was only a service to people outside the UK? The fans in the UK can watch a full match replay at a later date, but listen to live audio. That's my understanding - have they now changed it so we can watch live streams of the match?

No, we in the UK cannot watch it live. 0% chance.

I'm not saying you are wrong but that's not how I read what was said on the news bulletin.

"Limited gantry space at Pride Park means Wolves are unable to send the required camera crew to the stadium, and, whilst Derby have made their live feed available, we are not comfortable enough that the process required to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted service to our fans would be guaranteed. As a result, we do not feel confident that our stream could provide the reliable and value-for-money service that we would want to offer supporters."

They say that Derby made their live feed available, so if Derby are part of iFollow system, I read it that we've not 'given up the right' just that linking to their feed may present both technical and financial problems. We need to ask WolvesTV to expand their product to include the facilities we would like them to provide e.g. commentary, replays, match info. graphics etc., and to that end I've already sent a polite request to them by email on tv@wolves.co.uk and would encourage others to do the same.

Appreciate what you're saying, and you're right that it does say Derby offered the feed. It does seem though that we're very much at the mercy of the host club.

Derby having offered a stream, it must be some serious back-end incompatibility that means we couldn't feed it into our video container with a day's notice. Fairly amateur.

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Above link to EFL official page on iFollow, one interesting thing is the cost, stated as £110 for the season with on average 46 games. Wolves charging £5 per game with no season long subscription which means we will be paying 100% more.
This confirms to me that Wolves are not in the iFollow scheme and offering an inferior end product.

Just read a Derby fan over on Mol Mix explaining how good RamsTV is. Pre-, post-, and half-time studio analysis from former or current Derby players or coaches, live commentary team, and proper live match editing (so replays, slow motion, on-screen graphics, etc., from *six* different camera angles). To all intents and purposes it is the quality of the professional sports television broadcasts we expect to see on Sky or BT.

To get there, Derby also opted out of iFollow, but then hired around 20 new members of staff - camera and light operators, editors, etc. - starting around March, with the aim to eventually be able to use this team to deliver the kind of satellite channel teams like Man United have. Our game will be the twelfth of the season to be streamed, including all pre-season matches (for free) and several U23 matches. Apart from the first game which had issues with capacity like ours, their fans are very happy.

And most disappointingly to me, they've done this using the same streaming company we're using instead of iFollow.

If Fosun really opted out of iFollow because they had more ambitious plans for WolvesTV than that setup would allow, they really need to see what the teams around us have managed in the same amount of time. And even allowing for less ambitious plans, it's really not difficult to improve on a very basic setup of a single static 720p camera.

Just read a Derby fan over on Mol Mix explaining how good RamsTV is. Pre-, post-, and half-time studio analysis from former or current Derby players or coaches, live commentary team, and proper live match editing (so replays, slow motion, on-screen graphics, etc., from *six* different camera angles). To all intents and purposes it is the quality of the professional sports television broadcasts we expect to see on Sky or BT.

To get there, Derby also opted out of iFollow, but then hired around 20 new members of staff - camera and light operators, editors, etc. - starting around March, with the aim to eventually be able to use this team to deliver the kind of satellite channel teams like Man United have. Our game will be the twelfth of the season to be streamed, including all pre-season matches (for free) and several U23 matches. Apart from the first game which had issues with capacity like ours, their fans are very happy.

And most disappointingly to me, they've done this using the same streaming company we're using instead of iFollow.

If Fosun really opted out of iFollow because they had more ambitious plans for WolvesTV than that setup would allow, they really need to see what the teams around us have managed in the same amount of time. And even allowing for less ambitious plans, it's really not difficult to improve on a very basic setup of a single static 720p camera.
The use of their video screens at the match is top notch too.
Studio interviews with Micheal Johnson,on pitch cameras and a lengthy chat about the opponent's made me think we were light years behind them when I went last season.

Just read the post from the Derby fan. It sounds like today's match might be a good fact finding mission for our media team if nothing else.

With regards to the pre & ht entertainment. I wonder if our team (i.e. "shouty man") have attended other clubs to gauge how they do it and we can do it better?

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Above link to EFL official page on iFollow, one interesting thing is the cost, stated as £110 for the season with on average 46 games. Wolves charging £5 per game with no season long subscription which means we will be paying 100% more.
This confirms to me that Wolves are not in the iFollow scheme and offering an inferior end product.

However, I'm out in Portugal and won't pay £110 to watch one game, but would pay the £5.

I assume I have to sign up with a Portuguese address or does it work off IP?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

If I’m going abroad and want to purchase a live stream game, can I do so before I leave or does this have to be done once I’m abroad?

Supporters who are travelling abroad during the 2017/18 season and wish to purchase the live stream pay-per-view package will only be able to do so once they are outside of the UK & Ireland. The option to buy this package will remain unavailable until supporters are outside of the UK & Ireland.

I assume I have to sign up with a Portuguese address or does it work off IP?
Off IP I'm in Spain at the moment and signed up to derby site yesterday, automatically picked up that I'm in Spain although I registered with a UK address. I did pay with a Spanish bank card though

Off IP I'm in Spain at the moment and signed up to derby site yesterday, automatically picked up that I'm in Spain although I registered with a UK address. I did pay with a Spanish bank card though

Are you getting anything?

Everything went well until 5 minutes before the match started. Has been buffering since :/

Back