• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Tbf Benjamin is with Wales and I guess those younger aren't seen as ready.

If this is the direction from our sporting director or first team set up then they should all be fried tonight.

The club is rotten

Is it u21 players under the age of 18 aren’t allowed the sponsor on the shirt?

Nasta is an actual keeper and miles better than the joke we have playing
Yeah, really like the look of him (on very limited viewing, I admit). But we prefer to play bantz King instead.

Not that it's an excuse or would make much difference but these games coincide with internationals. So we lose our better youngsters to their countries, a slight tweak in the schedule might make these games more of a contest.

If those lads are sold for a combined £5m across their entire careers I'll be surprised. Possession was slow, obvious and even though largely safe choices still managed to be given away frequently. There's clearly not the same instructions throughout the ages groups as it was very,very passive off the ball and all much deeper. Wrexham made 11 changes - and they really did look 11 changes away from good side - but still controlled the game without breaking a sweat.

I don't know enough about the squad to know if that's the best we've got or if we were scraping down the ages groups etc, and I don't normally need to see much from youngster to get me excited*, but there was nothing of any interest at all gained from watching that. As an advert for our academy set up, though, it's done nothing to stop you thinking that, like the rest of the club, it's fucking rotten and needs ripping up.

*Stop it

Not that it's an excuse or would make much difference but these games coincide with internationals. So we lose our better youngsters to their countries, a slight tweak in the schedule might make these games more of a contest.
Don't think anybody was missing.

Thought Alfie Pond had a solid game without too much support around him. Cundle drifted in and out, but apart from neat passing coming out of defence there was nothing to write home about . Burton in the Wrexham goal didn't touch the ball until well into the first half and probably only had to make one save in the second. There were three similar or younger aged players in the Wrexham team - the defender James, midfielder Ashfield and (ex baggies) forward Faal. Albeit surrounded by more experienced team mates, though they all looked much further on in their careers.

A few match programmes on my website this pm if anyone wants one

Back