• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Charlton 1 the first home win of many verdict thread

Morale saving win I feel. Think it would've been ugly at FT with a 0-1 loss. Season starts here. In many ways like the Sheffield Weds result last season where we just needed to win it didn't matter how, just get over the line with three points.

Stearman sale is a football decision. Sounds bizarre given the options we have at CB. Hause could go on to be excellent but he looks understandably raw at times. Hopefully we have a leader coming in as that is something we lack when Baath doesn't play.

I can only assume something like Flanagan on loan is happening otherwise the whole thing is senseless.

I can only assume something like Flanagan on loan is happening otherwise the whole thing is senseless.

He is out till December so unlikely.

Deadline might finally be interesting for Wolves fans (end result might still be the same mind)

Henry probably MOTM Goldbourne, Edwards and (whisper it) Doherty deserve a mention as they all played well...

Kmac was anonymous and Hause is a liability. I don't see why people think he will be a top player? He has the ball control of a spaniel!

ALF and Ojo changed the game but Nouha's injury looked bad - his knee twisting, I'm calling a cruciate injury - out for 6+ months is my guess.

Good win that. We were poor until we conceded. Very impressed with Henry, subs were great too. Full backs clearly look stronger as less exposed today.

Unlikely that he'll drop both EEL and Hause, once Batth is back.

fantastic, this saturday is good then with a wolves win!! we are in the mix for promotion IMO

Charlton were awful...their best outlet was a kid who's played 6 pro matches.
Henry played well but faded badly in the last 20mins.
Le fondre got a typical le fondre goal ....really like him,tries hard and doesn't go hiding.
Not sure why afobe doesn't drop deeper when le fondre is on the pitch like he does with Dicko.
We don't need Le fondre dropping deep,we need him poaching like how he got his goal.
Thought Golbourne played well and cut a few balls out too.

Stears gone and Dicko probably out for the season. Kenny considered to be one of the best managers outside the Prem. Let's hope so.

Can't agree Doherty played well. Yes he put the first ball in for Edwards' goal, but he was out of position for theirs then immediately gave the ball away when there was no one between him and Ikeme. He doesn't react quickly enough, meaning he's frequently not where he needs to be.

Was that Doherty though?..looked like it was Hause to me who gave the ball away..i was at other end though...but Doherty has to either decide to get forward or not,at one point in the 2nd half Coady was trying to pass down the right wing and neither Henry nor Doherty moved an inch to help.

It was anything but an excellent win. Charlton were terrible and we were just ever so slightly less gash.

It was anything but an excellent win. Charlton were terrible and we were just ever so slightly less gash.

Excellent in terms of what has happened in the 3 games. 3 on the bounce and 2 weeks off would not have been ideal

Well there wasn't much quality in that game at all and neither side deserved anything until they scored and we made the 2 subs. I thought we deserved to win it after that as we were the ones that tried to win it and looked the most threatening. Henry the most creative player until Ojo came on and the back 4 were pretty good apart from when Doherty lost the ball and will have to see their goal again. Convinced that Hause will be a quality centre back and he has to stay in the team for me, so much potential.

Back