• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 Barnsley 1 - Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

I've got the OMG woman behind me. Not 'Oh my god' but OMG OMG literally every time the opponents get near our box. Its just depressing.

The most positive bloke in the World turns into the most negative bloke in the World just as everything at Wolves turns from negative to positive. Confused!

Confused because you are trying to analyse the situation instead of just accepting how things are now.
Things happen in peoples' lives that can drastically change their outlook on life and the things they are involved in.

I've got the OMG woman behind me. Not 'Oh my god' but OMG OMG literally every time the opponents get near our box. Its just depressing.

Benefit of getting older is that I can't hear most of these interjections - my life is improved as a result

Have to say that the group around me in the lower north bank were pretty good. Bar one cock who fucked off as soon as they equalised. The bloke I sat next to was sound as, and we celebrated the winner wildly.

It's probably been 20 years since I sat in the Steve Bull and not a lot had changed. I certainly won't be rushing to go back in there.

I really enjoyed the North Bank Lower. The view was much better than I expected for seeing what was going on (I was near the back so had some height) and I thought it was a good spot.

It was also a bonus not to be clinically dead when I reached my seat.

It's probably been 20 years since I sat in the Steve Bull and not a lot had changed. I certainly won't be rushing to go back in there.

Why?

A lot around me had left before the equaliser! I have never got people leaving early from football, it's like leaving the cinema before you know who did it. Is beating the traffic or getting to the pub really so important? SOme arrive 5 minutes late, go to the councourse 10 minutes before half time, return to their seat 10 minutes after half time and then leave before the 90!

I think we see that everywhere in the ground.

I spent YEARS getting all high-horse about never leaving early, but Saunders made the early trudge back to the pub or bus home feel like the best coke on God's clean earth.

I spent YEARS getting all high-horse about never leaving early, but Saunders made the early trudge back to the pub or bus home feel like the best coke on God's clean earth.

Ah there can be extenuating circumstances when things are really bad. I think I left early a couple of times during the Hoddle era but generally speaking, especially at the moment, I just don't get it!

Turn round and tell her you hope she gets that excited whenever her husband gets near HER box.

Even in the Saunder's era never left early (though often had my head in my hands by that time) - then again I come from a fairish way off so going to stay for full time

I've only left early once, Palace away, had to get a train or I was stranded in Deep Sarf.

Was very tempted in the 1-5 vs Albion when Keith fucking Andrews scored but relented.

Why?

A lot around me had left before the equaliser! I have never got people leaving early from football, it's like leaving the cinema before you know who did it. Is beating the traffic or getting to the pub really so important? SOme arrive 5 minutes late, go to the councourse 10 minutes before half time, return to their seat 10 minutes after half time and then leave before the 90!

Yeah this really annoys me. Why even bother turning up? I get people like a drink and as someone that only drinks on nights out i never drink at the football but i don't understand how people go to get a drink after 35 minutes and miss 10 minutes plus of the game. I also don't get people that leave early to beat the traffic unless they have something they need to rush off for which the majority don't.

Why?

There was a group turn up on 10 minutes then leave on 35, what's the fucking point?! One bloke behind us moaned through the whole fucking game, train man fucked off after 70 minutes declaring how clever he was getting an earlier train (he didn't) and that nothing changes (bellend), there were a couple of obligatory 'gerrit forward' shouts and there just seemed to be a general air of apathy. View was ace of course but I've just never liked that stand. I missed the South/North Bank.

What tempted me the season before last was that the North Bank upper takes aeons to empty, and our seats were at the back. And I knew that a 6 or a 4 would be flying past the ground at about 4.45, and that the one after that would take twenty minutes to clear the first few hundred yards from the ground.

Now, I have the Bohemian for a post match snifter so I immediately feel less bothered!

Was it Mark?

Never understand leaving early. What's so important that you need to rush off for? Does it just mean you get home 20 minutes sooner?

I've never left the game early and at some point there's going to be bonkers situation where we do something ridiculous in injury time.

at some point there's going to be bonkers situation where we do something ridiculous in injury time.

Saturday was a great example, fancy missing that late excitement/joy?

What tempted me the season before last was that the North Bank upper takes aeons to empty, and our seats were at the back. And I knew that a 6 or a 4 would be flying past the ground at about 4.45, and that the one after that would take twenty minutes to clear the first few hundred yards from the ground.

Now, I have the Bohemian for a post match snifter so I immediately feel less bothered!
Didn't you have a mishap when you left early during the Birmingham game last season? You got on the wrong train or something?

Another one that doesn't leave early. Saturday was the worst I've known it for people moving around. 4 blokes turned up 10 minutes after the start, then one of em went out on 30 mins for 5 minutes, they went out 5 before half time, and were late back again.....obviously they left before the winner.
Some years ago we were there, I think it was against Sheff Utd, 2-0 down (Blake?) at full time, De Wolf scores a pen on 91 mins, Emblen mugged their keeper and nodded us level on about 95......ground was half empty

Back