• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Derby: Ruben's Wonderstrike Verdict Thread

Massive thank you to Derby for how they set up last night. A superb assist in ensuring it was a stroll in the park.

Kevin Phillips had said Derby would attack and look to take Neves out of the game. Still wondering how giving him the freedom to do what he wanted would achieve that.

Jota's goal was class and Rubens was simply ridiculous.
Yeah, the Jota goal was great too..Bolys nice pass, Jotas run and finish so calmly..looked easy, but takes some skill to execute that

Alan Brazil blatantly trying to stir the FFP pot and morals of having Jorge Mendes link. Simon Jordan pointed out the rules on FFP and of no wrong doing.

Brazil is a Class A shit-stirrer and nobody should give creedence to anything that Wolves-hating haggis-muncher says.

I think I remember a debate on here earlier this season about whether Huddlestone would be good for us? He was shit lasting night.

Other highlights from last night.

1) The Derby player who managed to kick the ball into his own face
2) The Derby player who air kicked at the ball about 4 times and then fell on his arse when Cav arrived.

Massive thank you to Derby for how they set up last night. A superb assist in ensuring it was a stroll in the park.

Kevin Phillips had said Derby would attack and look to take Neves out of the game. Still wondering how giving him the freedom to do what he wanted would achieve that.

Jota's goal was class and Rubens was simply ridiculous.

You can’t take away that we were sublime last night. Had they gone at us I have no doubt it would’ve been a cricket score. Imagine if they then missed out on the play offs on goal difference.

2) The Derby player who air kicked at the ball about 4 times and then fell on his arse when Cav arrived.

I quite liked the moment in the 2nd half when a ball was floated into Derby's box and 3 Derby defenders all went for the same header. Not a Wolves shirt within 10 yards of them.

But overall, they weren't allowed to play - we were in their faces as soon as we lost possession and were so comfortable all the way through. One of those games that I wasn't ever worried that we weren't going to win. Brilliant to watch, and a performance worthy of champions.

You can’t take away that we were sublime last night. .

Oh we were but they just made it easy for us after a couple of hectic emtionally draining games. I get their tactics at the start with the 2 midfielders sitting in front of the back 4. They contain us and get a point, bonus but at 1 down they needed to make a change. They should have binned Ledley at half time and put Palmer on. Why they waited until the 75th minute to do that I don't know. When he came on, they had a midfielder who wanted to move forward.

I quite liked the moment in the 2nd half when a ball was floated into Derby's box and 3 Derby defenders all went for the same header. Not a Wolves shirt within 10 yards of them.

But overall, they weren't allowed to play - we were in their faces as soon as we lost possession and were so comfortable all the way through. One of those games that I wasn't ever worried that we weren't going to win. Brilliant to watch, and a performance worthy of champions.

The only time I was worried was when they got a free kick within moments of the kick off after the Neves moment. So easy for our heads to be elsewhere at that point....then they took the free kick and it was easy to deal with.

If you want a smile check out Afobes facial expression when the Neves goal goes in :)

The first one was made even better by the Jota pirouette immediately afterwards to compound his misery.

Well, that was a stroll in the park! and what a finish by Neves, can't think of any superlatives that haven't already been said. Just fantastic!

At 1-0 and after missing one or two chances I have to admit that I thought Derby might make us pay for it and were bound to have a period where they 'went for it', but it just didn't materialise. Can't work out if we were just superb or if they were awful. Maybe it was a bit of both.

Far too easy and a goal which none of us will forget.

Just look at the expressions on the fans' faces :icon_lol:

Dai1W96W0AY_4Uh.jpg

Have you seen the clip from the South Bank where someone says ‘No’ just before the ball goes in [emoji23].

I've seen several. There's one taken by the Derby fans when you can hear some of their fans applaud. There's one taken from the top left corner of the South Bank when you hear one individual shout "he's fuckin shaggin' 'im!" when there's a bit of shirt pulling just before the corner is headed away. There's one taken from the North Bank where you can see some fans just stood there with their hands on their heads. :icon_lol:

Brazil is a Class A $#@!-stirrer and nobody should give creedence to anything that Wolves-hating haggis-muncher says.

Simon Jordan put him right and pretty much shut up the haters of all the other clubs.

I've seen several. There's one taken by the Derby fans when you can hear some of their fans applaud. There's one taken from the top left corner of the South Bank when you hear one individual shout "he's $#@!in shaggin' 'im!" when there's a bit of shirt pulling just before the corner is headed away. There's one taken from the North Bank where you can see some fans just stood there with their hands on their heads. :icon_lol:

To be fair I didn’t cheer initially I just stood in complete shock at what I had witnessed.

I don't understand people watching sport or concerts through their phone, it must reduce the experience in the moment

On this occasion, I'm really pleased they did!!!

Back