• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Derby: Ruben's Wonderstrike Verdict Thread

Forget the result. Forget the performance. Forget (if you can) the goals.
The important thing is did Nuno shake Rowett's hand immediately after the whistle?

Feel so sorry for Jota, any other week that goal would have spaffable

Lge |-----Club-----|- Games -|-Max-pts -|--Pts--|
Pos |----Name-----|Remain--|-available-|-won--|
-----------------------------------------------------
-01-|---Wolves---|----4-----|----104-----|--92--|
-02-|---Fulham---|----4-----|-----93-----|--81--|
-03-|---Cardiff----|----5-----|-----95-----|--80--|
-04-|---Villa-------|----4-----|-----88-----|--76--|
-05-|---Derby-----|----5-----|-----83-----|--68--|
-06-|---Millwall----|----4-----|-----80-----|--68--|

Now need 2pts for promotion and 4pts for the title

I’ve been watching Wolves since the late 1960’s and I can’t think of a better Wolves goal. In other news great goal by Jota after a sublime pass by Boly - oh and Nuno shook Rowett’s hand at the final whistle.

Christ. Have my firstborn, Ruben. Have anything you want.

The first goal is definitely (understandably) getting overlooked. Now Boly's pinging out 40 yard through balls!

We were in 2nd gear most of the night. If they'd really gone for it that could've been a rout, Derby were just flat all over. I think Rowett's pre-game comments about this being a bonus game for them certainly told.

Even the Geordies in my local were in awe at that goal, the whole pub erupted. I could watch it over and over and over again. Shame it came to late to be up for Goal of the season because if would have won it by a landslide. This season and about the last 30... I would sell my own mother to keep Neves at Wolves, easily the best Wolves player I have ever seen, I love him. The game aside from the goal was as comfortable as it comes but fair play to Derby they can play decent football. Much better than Cardiff and Villa IMO. Trouble for them is they were just not on the same planet as us tonight. We played some really nice stuff in the 2nd half and what a luxury to have players of the calibre of Costa and Gibbs White to come off the bench.

Not even sure that Willy Boly got out of first gear. Just a great perfromance and that's what made it seem like a dull game. A year from now 100,000 people will be saying they were in the ground for THAT goal. Four, five years and he'll be MOTM in the Champions League final

Very cosy evening in the end early goal killed any aspirations Derby had.
2nd goal just wow can’t remember a better goal scored by one of our players ever.
Have gut feeling it’ll happen Saturday evening, think Brentford might hold Fulham. Doesn’t bother me either way just ecstatic how we have responded to the Villa defeat and have only dropped 2 points since.

Not sure if this should be its own thread but think that is tbe best goal Wolves have scored during my time 1989 onwards as being old enough to be aware.

Rae thundercannon, The West Ham move and Ndah away at Preston were usually my go to goals. What about everyone else?

Enjoyed the whole ground, including Derby fans, singing Neil Warnock is a wanker.

Only downside is we didn’t go upto tonight and it was the goal that seemed it.

Mind the gap Colin Wanker was fun too!

That is without doubt the best goal I have ever seen from a Wolves player. Just the most epic perfect strike. I am still staggered and utterly grateful to have been lucky enough to be there to witness it. God is a Wolves fan tonight.

Enjoyed the whole ground, including Derby fans, singing Neil Warnock is a wanker.

That was brilliant. Commentators mentioned Warnock getting a warm mention from the crowd.

I think this season might've had the 2 best I've ever seen

Ruben tonight as an individual effort

Jota vs Sheff Utd as a team/move

Honestly guys watch the replays of the goal and instead of focussing on the technique and strike watch the faces in the South Bank. Unreal.

"He won't shoot from there.. he fucking is.... Oh my god"

I actually started to say 'he's not gonna shoot from....' And the ended up just saying 'fhggfhhbghhbfhhhhg'

Slightly annoying that they just put adverts on the video walls rather than the replay of his goal.

Honestly guys watch the replays of the goal and instead of focussing on the technique and strike watch the faces in the South Bank. Unreal.

"He won't shoot from there.. he fucking is.... Oh my god"

I loved the reaction of the other players too - Boly & Afobe in particular. Watch their response to the goal from the angle behind the goal - it’s brilliant.

Back