• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Charlton 0 The most frustrating verdict thread

Move and sit near me Trev...its brilliant ;)

Left side three rows from the back, more than one shouting 'fuck him off' but then again same is said to Sako, I guess that's just how it is for some which makes you wonder why have Molineux as a background on your phone and a wolfs head tattooed on your arm.

Left side dow count as it ay sl1 ay it?!

There are some bloody weird "fans"!

The question is - do we need two midfield players defensively in a game when the opposition are not looking to attack us.

Not a fan of Edwards in that position, but no option from the bench and as has been said might have given us greater forward momentum rather than having both Price & McDonald corralled in our half when it really wasn't needed.

Not Price's game, but McDonald should have moved himself forward & he has the control & passing ability to have had more impact.

The question is - do we need two midfield players defensively in a game when the opposition are not looking to attack us.

Simple answer is no. Away from home against a better side then it's understandable. At home against teams like Blackpool and Charlton that you should be taking the game to, it's too conservative IMO.

Not seen the game but it sounds like one of those games where we need a creative number 10 and not what Edwards gives us. Don't think we should ever resort to putting Edwards on the left in any game and for me that proves even though we are missing Sako we need more than the 1 signing Jackett was looking for.

See the Dave Edwards thread from last week as to why we didn't win today. A midfield 3 of Edwards, Price and McDonald doesn't have the ability as a 3 to break down an opposition rigidly sticking to a deep lying 2 banks of 4.

We lacked bravery in possession. We needed to get the ball wide quicker to stretch them, but every time Price or McDonald would pass to the other to distribute it wide rather than taking responsibility themselves and hitting it first time. This gave Charlton the opportunity to keep their shape.

Having Edwards on left midfield was also a tactical mistake, as above we needed to stretch them with pace and speed of pass, he gave us no outlet on the left and we were left with Golbourne attempting to do the role of both full back and left winger.

I'm sick of seeing Kenny trying to put players who aren't suited to it behind the striker, this season we have seen Saville, Evans, Clarke, Afobe, Sagbo and RVLP all crowbarred into a position which isn't natural to them. RVLP and Evans were ok there the rest poor. Afobe today didn't seem to know what was expected of him. If Jacobs cannot get a game either behind the forward or on the left in the second half today then we may as well get rid as he never is going to get one.

Final point, I wish Dicko would stop diving (or if I'm being generous going down very easily in the box), did it twice today

Can't understand all the $#@! Van La Parra was getting in the South Bank, best player on the pitch for me.

Never heard anything but support for him today, MOTM for me, played really well.

I thought his partnership with Iorfa was excellant....I would have left Iorfa on frankly

Charlton had there chances. I don't mean cast iron but some worrying balls into the box towards the end of the game. However it was a fair result both teams very nervous on the ball, plenty of hoofed balls forward as movement from both sides was few and far between. Bit disappointed that we didn't test there fat defender more, Afobe and Dicko only roasted him a couple of times, however he was fookin solid with stuff into the box.

Van La Parra pisses me off, just when you think he's done his man he comes back and tries to do him again and loses the ball. Anybody that said to me on here and TWF that losing Sako wasn't as bad as losing Dicko watch todays game. Im so sure if Sako had been playing today we would have won because he drills balls and shoots a hell of a lot better then VLP. One player who's close to losing his place is Henry, he hasn't done anything of note for two games he's been very poor.

Anyway 7th and only a few points off the playoffs I'll take that. We have no divine right to win these so called easy games. You've only got to look at a fair few results this season to realise this division is a Bermuda Triangle.

Not very good today it has to be said. Take off Hause for Golbourne, fine, but you then negate that by putting Edwards wide left. Swapping right backs with 10 minutes to go and Jacobs unused is just silly.

2 goals conceded in 7 is excellent, if you can't win then don't lose. We didn't offer enough today to win it I'm afraid.

RVLP looked good today and Golburne looked very good going fwd.

Kmac was defensively excellent but he really needs to dictate games and create chances. The only threat we have is going wide and we need to have more than that to win games against stubborn defensive set ups

McDonald played three eye of the needle balls today which at least two of them should have found Afobe who I though was on his heels for two of the balls.

Not very good today it has to be said. Take off Hause for Golbourne, fine, but you then negate that by putting Edwards wide left. Swapping right backs with 10 minutes to go and Jacobs unused is just silly.

2 goals conceded in 7 is excellent, if you can't win then don't lose. We didn't offer enough today to win it I'm afraid.

Surely Iorfa had a knock. I cant except he'd be taken off like for like.

Simple answer is no. Away from home against a better side then it's understandable. At home against teams like Blackpool and Charlton that you should be taking the game to, it's too conservative IMO.

Sorry - it was a rhetorical question & didn't expect any other answer.

As Tony T says if Jacobs can't get a run out in this situation then we are doing him & us no good in keeping him here. May as well promote one of the youngsters like Eusebio & give him 15mins in a game like this & see what happens. VLP could have gone across to the left for that period.

He went and sat in bench so don't think so. As mentioned, the fact Jacobs wasn't even close to being used says all we need to know. Literally no point him being here.

If you were there you will know better than those of us who weren't, but didn't sound like it. Assumed that KJ thought that Doherty would give us a better outlet going forward (even if that proved to be incorrect)

If you were there you will know better than those of us who weren't, but didn't sound like it. Assumed that KJ thought that Doherty would give us a better outlet going forward (even if that proved to be incorrect)

He didn't look injured but hell what do I know.

He is a bit better going forward at this stage of their respective careers but that was never going to be a game changer. Very odd.

Iorfa didn't look injured.

Thought iorfa was limping as he came off and looked miserable, i was on bottom of Billy Wright, so got a good view.

Even if he were injured this is a rare occasion where going three at the back would have been justified. RB for RB was a waste of a sub.

If Jacobs isn't trusted then put Bancessi, Hunte, Wilson, Graham or Keita on the bench.

The bench was oddly loaded anyway. 3 defenders, one of whom can cover right and centre back and Jacobs who wouldn't have come on in any eventuality

McDonald played three eye of the needle balls today which at least two of them should have found Afobe who I though was on his heels for two of the balls.

Tbh I was disappointed with Afobe, he looked no better than Mcalinden tbh. Though I've only seen him once and I think/hope there is much better to come.

I still feel kmac needs to offer more offensively. He needs to dominate games like this and demand the ball. Too often it was pushed out wide and teams know this so set up to defend against it.

Back