• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Craig Pawson: The Verdict

Tweet of the day:
Why Lambert didn't bring on Ronan for Weimann is baffling. Marshall is about as left-wing as Nigel Farage #wwfc.
(@_Southy)

A few things from this game, Bright was brilliant gutted when he went off I presume was tired or had a knock? Edwards didn't contribute enough his first touch at times was appalling and without that goal there just isn't enough there. Costa was kept very quiet but credit to Newcastle for that they made it difficult for him to shine.

Not having a shot on target for 86 mins is unforgivable not signing a striker in January is biting us in the ass Dicko is not going to deliver.

Stears had a really good game, I thought Weimann was good 1st half shame noone gambled on some of those crosses.

MOTM.. Bright by some distance lively footwork.

We desperately need a cutting edge Dicko and Bod don't have that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Price and Evans should play

Saiss should be in the squad at least

We lost today because we are wank. Please lets not make excuses. Bright had one of his best games but was taken off, please Paul explain. Lee Evans was ok when he came on, but Price, Edwards, Wiemann all powderpuff and no product at all. Newcastle didnt even have to play well to win. Lets have a plan B, Costa was tag teamed all game and we gave him no help at all..

Ultimately whatever the Ref did or didn't do, we didn't produce enough to win that

Newcastle are the only team in this division that 'might' manage to hold their own in the Premier so not any panic that we could not beat them, but they weren't that much better than us.

We lost today because we are wank. Please lets not make excuses. Bright had one of his best games but was taken off, please Paul explain. Lee Evans was ok when he came on, but Price, Edwards, Wiemann all powderpuff and no product at all. Newcastle didnt even have to play well to win. Lets have a plan B, Costa was tag teamed all game and we gave him no help at all..
Sorry don't agree with that at all Price was having a really good game and some of Weimanns crosses were great not his fault we have a striker that never gambles in the final 3rd.

Agree on Costa but taking the ref decision to one side we were better.

If we had Chris Martin up front today it would have been a different game IMO.

Poor display by both teams and two officials.
We did nowhere near enough in that game, got into good position but no killer instinct.
Summed up in the first half when Weiman put a good cross into the back post and space and no one was there to attack it.
The defending for the goal was sloppy, not clearing our lines and reacting quick enough.
Puts some pressure onto Tuesday nights game now.

Sorry don't agree with that at all Price was having a really good game and some of Weimanns crosses were great not his fault we have a striker that never gambles in the final 3rd.

Agree on Costa but taking the ref decision to one side we were better.

If we had Chris Martin up front today it would have been a different game IMO.

Youre allowed to disagree, but I disagree that you disagree, so we'll agree to disagree.. Agreed ?

NO WE DIDNT DOMINATE THE FUCKING GAME LAMBERT... PLEASE DONT START I'VE JUST GOT TO LIKE YA.

Mitrovic was a bit lucky. If he received a second yellow he can have no complaints. Wakey wakey lino! Sorry frank but lacelles is a yard offside and active. Porwson was whistle happy. Poor performance. I have seen those penalty's given but it was not stonewall. Marshall is not doing it for me so far but its early days. Frankly, controversially, Dicko at the moment is a waste of a shirt. Really sorry to say that but on this form he should not get a game.Won nothing . Did little missed the chance that came His way. How we failed or didn't try to sign a striker in January remains a mystery! If we play like that v Chelsea they will be out of sight at half time. Verdict is must do better

Mitrovic was a bit lucky. If he received a second yellow he can have no complaints. Wakey wakey lino! Sorry frank but lacelles is a yard offside and active. Porwson was whistle happy. Poor performance. I have seen those penalty's given but it was not stonewall. Marshall is not doing it for me so far but its early days. Frankly, controversially, Dicko at the moment is a waste of a shirt. Really sorry to say that but on this form he should not get a game.Won nothing . Did little missed the chance that came His way. How we failed or didn't try to sign a striker in January remains a mystery! If we play like that v Chelsea they will be out of sight at half time. Verdict is must do better

Completely agree re Dicko. We have to judge him on what he is, not what he was and the simple fact is that if we had him on loan no-one would be arguing that we should keep him.

@cyber, it's not controversial to say Dicko is a waste of a shirt. He's been awful for a long time.

Our left back has been more prolific than our strikers this season.

@cyber, it's not controversial to say Dicko is a waste of a shirt. He's been awful for a long time.

Our right footed much pilloried Mr gloves! That says lots

Second game in a row that Lambert has fucked up with his selection and even more so substitutions. Newcastle were there for taking today and he blew it.

As for the controversial decisions. Mitrovic should have been off, the ref knew it and bottled it, Benitez knew it and took him off. Yet again you need to look at our woeful defending for set pieces more than the offside which more often than not won't get given. As for the penalty, yes it is, but almost impossible at full speed for the ref to see or give.

Bright summed up our performance, full of promise, no end product.

Sentiment has been our downfall going back to Mick... A few tough decisions need making in the summer from Lambert.

Was Mitrovic's first yellow his first foul? To call it soft feels like an understatement, seen people everywhere saying he shouldn't have been on the field but his challenge on Ikeme is no more than a yellow and the first is questionable so wondering if I've missed something. Not concerned but have got a tad apathetic to us after after the last result.

We need a Mcdonald type of player. All we have are runners. Our passing at times was woeful, kept giving the ball back when there was no pressure to do so.

Was Mitrovic's first yellow his first foul? To call it soft feels like an understatement, seen people everywhere saying he shouldn't have been on the field but his challenge on Ikeme is no more than a yellow and the first is questionable so wondering if I've missed something. Not concerned but have got a tad apathetic to us after after the last result.
No, he clotheslined Batth before that which was a clear yellow.

Back