• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wigan 2-1 Wolves - VERDICT

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
Injured talisman and substitutes the likes of Saville and Gladon and you get this type of result...

The subs bench was awful in all fairness

Injured talisman and substitutes the likes of Saville and Gladon and you get this type of result...

:eek:ldboy:
I'm pretty sure if this pattern continues the Chinese mafia won't dilly dally around

Lost our way in the second half - substitutes did not change the game after Wigan altered their formation

Always a possibility of a defensive ricket giving them the one chance to win the game

A need for better cover for Jon Dadi when he is not available

A top top centre half needed this January. I've said this for a while.

If you concede to a long straight ball over the top, you get what you deserve. Pathetic defending and they should be embarrassed.

Danny Batth's phones going to be switched off tonight..

Former player scoring, and teams ending winless runs myths aplenty.

Awful result, we shouldn't be losing the sort of games we have if we have ambitions of Top 6 or better. We shouldn't be losing at Wigan (and conceding goals like the second one), we shouldn't be losing at home to Barnsley.

Tough run of fixtures coming up now with Norwich at home followed by Villa and Brighton away.

Lost our way in the second half - substitutes did not change the game after Wigan altered their formation

Always a possibility of a defensive ricket giving them the one chance to win the game

A need for better cover for Jon Dadi when he is not available

Not sure it's cover for Jon Dadi but maybe a change of approach, so look at going 2 up top or play Teix as a number 10 behind a Gladon rather than just playing someone in Bod's role.

As posted on the matchday thread, we're 3 points off 3rd place, we're 3 points off 16th place. Could go either way. Jeff seemed pretty emphatic last week that we need to be in serious touch for the top six come January so Walter has loads of work to do between now and Christmas. Make no mistake, if we're not up there then he'll get binned. They won't hang about.

Don't really get the subs tonight. Tex, Cav and Prince not finishing the game despite being the scorers of our last four goals and sticking Saville into a role he isn't suited to when we had a winger on the bench (who belatedly came on).

Poor goals to concede, first goal was all too easy and I'm not sure why Saiss a) is the only bloke covering the left side when they break and b) why he doesn't get closer to the crosser. Then you simply cannot be letting in goals from a straight hoof down the park, Grigg isn't even quick so for Danny to be so comprehensively outstripped is disappointing.

As Lycan said we don't appear to be able to play midweek games at the moment for whatever reason, fortunately we only have one in October and November.

Deeply frustrating to throw away momentum from two excellent wins, we have to be getting better results against the weaker teams, two points against three of the current bottom seven just isn't good enough. You'll get an iffy result here and there but that's starting to develop into a pattern now and it needs rubbing out.

We're still regularly putting out players in the matchday 18 who just aren't and will never be good enough for a serious top end team at this level, clearly we couldn't expect everything to be done in one window and now we're stuck with what we have until January, but it's clear there's still a fair amount of work that needs to be done.

Not sure it's cover for Jon Dadi but maybe a change of approach, so look at going 2 up top or play Teix as a number 10 behind a Gladon rather than just playing someone in Bod's role.

Pretty sure that Gladon's not an answer to anything - accept that he has had limited match time, but zero impact made at any point

Whilst i understand the furore surrounding the last Wigan goal, what is it with us taking so long to get going every game, they scored in Five minutes after all.

Forgetting the defending for one minute I think if big Jon gets injured we may have some troubles. I wasn't there tonight so I have no idea what impact Gladon had but so far I can't see him being adequate back up.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Former player scoring, and teams ending winless runs myths aplenty.

Awful result, we shouldn't be losing the sort of games we have if we have ambitions of Top 6 or better. We shouldn't be losing at Wigan (and conceding goals like the second one), we shouldn't be losing at home to Barnsley.

Tough run of fixtures coming up now with Norwich at home followed by Villa and Brighton away.

Knowing Wolves we will probably win all three.

That defending for Grigg's goal is awful. Seems like Danny has taken the song literally and is terrified of him and where is Ikeme going, not to mention Iorfa stopping because he thinks Batth has it covered. Defending for the first goal isn't any better, Saiss too far away, Danny not in the right position to cut out the cross and Iorfa not following ALF. I don't think Zenga got it right tonight but not a lot he can do about that defending.

We took Wigan for granted and paid the price. There is no such thing as an easy game in the championship.

We do have cover for Dadi in Dicko and hopefully in the coming weeks we won't have to rely on Gladon. I'm a bit annoyed that Dicko wasn't on the bench tonight, if he's not injured which he said he isn't and didn't play for the U23s then 1-1 with 20 minutes to go is the perfect time to get him out there. Saville was a stupid sub when John was on the bench, bringing off both Tex and Cavaleiro at that point indicates zenga was happy with a point and to give them a rest for Saturday which is disappointing.

If Bod's substitute is weak you could use Ivan as a centre forward. Not the best position for him, but he has good characteristics to play there.

Not so positional as Bod, but adds more speed and he is very aggressive also.

Someone posted on the matchday thread, "We're going on a journey and Jack Price isn't good enough to come with us." Or words to that effect. Same applies to Danny Batth: bloody awful defending for the winner. Turning circle of the QE2 and looked like he was running through cement

Back