• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Pedro Lima

Dinowolf

Reaction score

Wolves can confirm the signing of highly rated Brazilian defender Pedro Lima from Sport Club do Recife, subject to work permit and international clearance.
After a determined recruitment process in which Wolves came out on top in the battle for his signature, the club have made the right-back – who turned 18 on Monday – Gary O’Neil’s fourth acquisition of the summer transfer window.
Lima landed in England on Sunday, before completing his introductions and medical tests on his 18th birthday, and put pen to paper on a five-year deal, with the option of a further 12 months, adding to the Old Gold’s defensive department.

He's very young for the 1st team, but if you're good enough you're old enough. Time will tell

Fuck off Pedro, hope you stink the joint out

Interesting to see how much game time he gets next season. I'd imagine it'll be fairly limited, especially if Nelson stays.

Welcome to Wolves, hope he does well.

I've watched this player a lot.

I'm confident he will fit in well here and make a positive impact on the team.

I don't think he'll fit in at all, he's clearly not going to do well here.

€3million on Agent fees?
Shit isn't it but sadly the game you have to play

Imagine the breakdown if it came out that we had missed out on a player because we refused to pay a ridiculous agent fee but Chelsea were happy to do so.

Infact no need to imagine, in January we had that forward lined up but the agent bumped £1m on his fee and we told him to fuck off.

Given your last paragraph, it makes you wonder why we were OK with this?

It's not so much the money (we can afford it), it's more that the goalposts haven't moved at the last minute.

I'll begrudgingly pay £5 for a pint in a pub these days, but if it's advertised as £3.50 on a sign behind the bar and as I approach to order they take it down and hastily scribble "£5" on top, I'm likely to tell them to bike it.

It's not so much the money (we can afford it), it's more that the goalposts haven't moved at the last minute.

I'll begrudgingly pay £5 for a pint in a pub these days, but if it's advertised as £3.50 on a sign behind the bar and as I approach to order they take it down and hastily scribble "£5" on top, I'm likely to tell them to bike it.
This Simon sounds like a right wanker

Welcome to Wolves, hope he does well

We'll pay this to agents but quibble amd renegotiate with Maidenhead about Kilman's %.

Plus it is three million euro versus four million quid. A little difference.

I still think it was a shit way to treat a non-league club by both ourselves and West Ham.

I don't see how West Ham can be blamed they are paying £40m, that side of the deal is all on Wolves. Canny negotiating or bullying a smaller club depending on your perspective.

I don't see how West Ham can be blamed they are paying £40m, that side of the deal is all on Wolves. Canny negotiating or bullying a smaller club depending on your perspective.
The renegotiating of a sell on happens all the time, never really at this scale though.

A lot of league clubs when they realise the lad they nabbed on the cheap is worth a lot will throw a small amount of money at their previous club in the hope they accept it before they actually do sell. Most do, because they need that instant cash boost. Had seen rumours we tried this last year and Maidenhead said no. Probably made a shockingly low offer if we did do this

They have accepted to reduce the sell on to 10%. Could have easily have said no and picked up the rumoured 15-20% because I don't think the deal collapses because of that and Max wanted to go there in the end.

I am a bit torn because on one hand, we shouldn't care about another £2m-£4m but on the other, Maidenhead are still swimming in cash with £4m. Absolute club changing amounts at that level. I do wonder when sell on fees are repaid they are sent when the clubs receive the money (so lets say it was Jota, they would get a small amount each month for 15 years...) and we have said if we can reduce to 10%, we will give the money in one payment right now.

Back