• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Jeremy Helan

We don't though. At least two of whoever we'd play at centre half are seriously immobile, so we'd be treated to the spectacle of tugboats getting pulled constantly into the channels. No-one is good enough to play out from the back which is vital if you're playing that system. Doherty trundling up and down the right at the speed of a sushi restaurant conveyor belt and never being where we'd need him to be is a depressing thought, whereas Iorfa doesn't have any end product so we'd have a real issue if he were playing there, so the right hand side doesn't work unless we play Byrne who doesn't appear to be very attuned to doing any defending.

Iorfa Williamson Hause

Byrne/Doherty----------------------------------Helan​

That could work. The 3 at the back definitely could, Iorfa & Hause have played in those positions for England and Williamson adds a bit of experience. Byrne/Doherty is an obvious problem but at least with this they'd have the pace of Iorfa inside to get them out of trouble instead of Batth. If Ken went with Doherty (which he blatantly would) at least he'd be doing more attacking, the only thing he's actually any good at.

You'd have to use Iorfa as one of the centre halves if you were going down that route surely, him and Hause either side of Williamson when he's fit should offer enough mobility to cover down the channels, might work alright for Doherty as he'd get more cover defensively.

Of course that's completely ignoring that I doubt any of them have spent any time playing that way and so would need a lot of work to fine tune the details of positioning and such.

Iorfa & Hause played centre half in a 3-5-2 for England U20s.

Helan (Left Back, No. 17) getting his arse handed to him at Molineux last season.

I'm not jumping on your 3-5-2 bandwagon, Samuel :icon_lol:

More chance of Langers exclusively crowdfunding The Inbetweeners 3.

Wednesday fan in office next to me says, "Jesus, you can't be that desperate."

I explain he knows nothing about football and we'll obviously be using him at RB within two weeks

Just how bad has Jackett made us, when a player who is so good for Sheff Wed, they will allow him to go on loan to a fellow Championship club.

Just shows how low we have sunk, it's a disgrace

or a massive over reaction.

or a massive over reaction.

Nope Kenny, we are not loaning from a team ripping up this division, nor a team from the division above.

It's Sheffield Wednesday For Fuck Sake.

The clueless idiot has to go, and if this signing is down to Thelwell's input, he can fuck off as well

Our attacking core of 08/09 was signed from the might of Grays, Gillingham, Plymouth and Charlton. Silly to write off a player because of where he's coming from. Dean Sturridge was behind Trevor Benjamin in Leicester's thinking when we signed him.

Nope Kenny, we are not loaning from a team ripping up this division, nor a team from the division above.

It's Sheffield Wednesday For Fuck Sake.

The clueless idiot has to go, and if this signing is down to Thelwell's input, he can fuck off as well

We do owe them one after Clarke, Proudlock & Potter tbf.

Although Jackett does have to go, I'm not sure really what you expect when the club has little money and the person who could put money in has the club up for sale?

You can't take where they are signing from as an indication if they are any good though. Such a stupid and backwards way of looking at things.

We signed a striker who Wigan deemed not good enough for them when they were shit in this Division.......he is now classed as the vital part of the team and is hugely missed.

Our attacking core of 08/09 was signed from the might of Grays, Gillingham, Plymouth and Charlton. Silly to write off a player because of where he's coming from. Dean Sturridge was behind Trevor Benjamin in Leicester's thinking when we signed him.

Agree DW, and loaning a player from a Lower League to see if he can step up, or buying from someone who is in this league can all be understood, taking the loan of a player who is struggling, and putting him into a struggling team god help us.

Although Jackett does have to go, I'm not sure really what you expect when the club has little money and the person who could put money in has the club up for sale?

we had £8 - £10 million from Afobe where the fuck has the money gone ?
£3 million spunked on a player he does not know where or what system and nothing else ?

We are stuck with Morgan, we are not stuck with a bufioon who cannot get a Wolves team together be closer to the play off's than relegation

we are not stuck with a bufioon who cannot get a Wolves team together be closer to the play off's than relegation

For your anger levels..........we are. You may have noticed he hasn't been sacked and no indication that he is going to be either.

For your anger levels..........we are. You may have noticed he hasn't been sacked and no indication that he is going to be either.

At times the fans amaze me, instead of venting at Moxey and Morgan, they should be Verbally ripping the head off Jackett.

He has had Money, Money is available.
it's who he and to some extent Thelwell decide to buy fucking useless.

It's Wolves FFS not Bristol City

Maybe, just maybe the majority of fans feel they are best served trying to Support the team through a shit spell rather than booing and berating all the time? Its quite clear the majority of Wolves fans want a new manager but why the over the top look at me anger? What does give you? Satisfaction that you are the bestest fan because you can got the angriest and used as many insults as possible?

Its pointless really. Really pointless. You are exactly the type of "fan" that made my mind up not to attend football games.

Welcome Jeremy. Nice to have a fresh face through the doors.

I imagine he will take over on the left of midfield with Doherty behind him. Lucky him!

He's got the #3 by the looks of it. LB surely?

Back