• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Daniel Podence

He should fit perfectly into our way of playing. Good stuff.

He looks very Jota-esque; a real handful. I wonder whether they'll play together.
Imagine Jota-Raul-Podence as the front three with Adama, and even Vinagre, as the full backs...

I'd much rather have our squad than Man Utd's at the moment. Who would've thought it a couple of years back..

Great to have two proper options for the wide forward positions who all offer something a little bit different.

He looks like he's going to be a dangerous option on the left. Given Jota's season I'd expect him to start tbf.

As much as I loved Cav - we've basically swapped him and £2m for Podence this window.

Doin it on the cheap, ay we?

:fished:

Welcome to the pack Daniel. That's now a quite competetive 5 playing for 3 spots. People now seem to be discarding Pedro from consideration

As much as I loved Cav - we've basically swapped him and £2m for Podence this window.

Doin it on the cheap, ay we?

:fished:

That's a top end Championship player and £2m swapped for a Champions League player

welcome aboard, exciting prospect

Options all around now & decent price for someone who has played Champions league.

With Jota, Traore, Podence & Neto we have cover across the front line - not worried now if we don't get 'lower level' cover for Raul - Jota can play there if we have to - changes the dynamics but there won't be many front 3 that are as quick.

Hopefully he settles well.

Welcome Daniel

It will be interesting to see how you fit in here.

Hopefully come Saturday night.

"he's small, he's fast
united just got smashed
dan podence...dan podence"

As we all love pronunciations, Podence calls João “Mouteen” in his interview. Have we been saying it wrong this whole time or is that just like saying “Coads”.

As we all love pronunciations, Podence calls João “Mouteen” in his interview. Have we been saying it wrong this whole time or is that just like saying “Coads”.
Pretty sure it's the latter

Quite common for Portuguese to drop the last vowel for a name like Moutinho, Patrício, Costa.

It might be a regional accent or something.

Guillem Balague

European football expert

Matthew Donnell, Sean, and Oli Mann ask: What’s your expert opinion on Wolves' recent signing Daniel Podence? Will he improve Wolves? Can they get a top four spot next season?

Wolves are making a lot of steps in the right direction. Consistent signings, the foundations are strong and getting stronger, respect of roles, coaches adding layers to the teams.

Podence is another step in the right direction. He is a winger who can play in both sides, or as number 10. He is direct, skillful, and has a strong personality.

He is a Wolves player - I think you can call certain players that, which means the club now has an identifiable personality.

Guillem Balague

European football expert

Matthew Donnell, Sean, and Oli Mann ask: What’s your expert opinion on Wolves' recent signing Daniel Podence? Will he improve Wolves? Can they get a top four spot next season?

Wolves are making a lot of steps in the right direction. Consistent signings, the foundations are strong and getting stronger, respect of roles, coaches adding layers to the teams.

Podence is another step in the right direction. He is a winger who can play in both sides, or as number 10. He is direct, skillful, and has a strong personality.

He is a Wolves player - I think you can call certain players that, which means the club now has an identifiable personality.

Wow. Praise indeed. I have a lot of time for him.

Welcome onboard Daniel [emoji2]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

i think we have had a stonkin window. all them U23's ain't................ believe me..................

Last edited:
Back