• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back Benik Afobe

Well guys I think that eclipses the deadline day signing of Steve Claridge doesnt it :)

I suppose it must take a fair bit of humility to come back to a club you forced your way out of.

Part of me can't imagine that he doesn't score at least 10 before the end of the season.

One thing it does do is significantly limit Vinagre's chances. We are only allowed 5 loan players in the matchday squad and the other 5 including Afobe are pretty much shoe ins.

One thing it does do is significantly limit Vinagre's chances. We are only allowed 5 loan players in the matchday squad and the other 5 including Afobe are pretty much shoe ins.
You could argue that it means Vinagre will have to earn his chances and if he's the one who gets dropped it is his own fault.

How many goals? Seven for me.

And if he takes Jack Price's #19 shirt that'll be an impressive run of squad numbers: 15 Boly, 16 Coady, 17 Costa, 18 Jota, 19 Afobe

We didn't need to do it. But we could, so we have, and it appears we got the deal on our terms.

It's up to Benik really - prove that his attitude is spot on, that his all round game is good enough to fit in this system and that he's got enough about him to make it worth signing him permanently. Fail on any of those fronts and he won't be here after May.

Sums up my thoughts as well.

We didn't need to do it. But we could, so we have, and it appears we got the deal on our terms.

It's up to Benik really - prove that his attitude is spot on, that his all round game is good enough to fit in this system and that he's got enough about him to make it worth signing him permanently. Fail on any of those fronts and he won't be here after May.

Its exactly this really. Plus there is a completely different dynamic about the place , the squad, the coaching now than when he left. He will (I HOPE) have learned from his time at Bournemouth plenty about the premiership. He is only about 24 (?) still so he fits in the current philosophy demogragh. I think its amusing/ great/ amazing/ironic (delete as appropriate)that a player we sold for our record fee comes back here on loan two years later to find the club in such a different situation and to find his standing at the club could be so different.He will no longer seen as essential to our long term aim ( which many thought he was when he got his head turned). This is now a real one way opportunity with a " No lose" option for Wolves.Welcome back Benik. Its now your move...

Welcome back Benik, must be very keen to proove his worth having limited gametime at bournemouth..just a load deal initially, so why not? Another striker is always good to have

Welcome back Benik, I think he will work really well with the players we have now plus he has a different skill set to Leo so we can adapt game by game. Bit disappointed we didn't get a RWB but overall this squad is ridiculously good for this level.

Depend really. If Nuno wants to play Vinagre for any of the games I’d imagine either Leo or Afobe will drop out for the game.

Didn't think we needed him but he'll provide another option, will he be first choice striker?

You could argue that it means Vinagre will have to earn his chances and if he's the one who gets dropped it is his own fault.
Think he's done more than enough already and he still doesn't see much action to be honest.

Its exactly this really. Plus there is a completely different dynamic about the place , the squad, the coaching now than when he left. He will (I HOPE) have learned from his time at Bournemouth plenty about the premiership. He is only about 24 (?) still so he fits in the current philosophy demogragh. I think its amusing/ great/ amazing/ironic (delete as appropriate)that a player we sold for our record fee comes back here on loan two years later to find the club in such a different situation and to find his standing at the club could be so different.He will no longer seen as essential to our long term aim ( which many thought he was when he got his head turned). This is now a real one way opportunity with a " No lose" option for Wolves.Welcome back Benik. Its now your move...
He didn't leave for a record fee, not from Wolves perspective anyway.

"And with Wolves leading 3-0 after 60 minutes it looks like Nuno is going to make a triple substitution. Off come Helder Costa, Leo Bonatini and Diogo Jota. And he's bringing on Ivan Cavaleiro, Benik Afobe and Bright Enobakhare..."

OK with this as long as there's no obligation to buy. Another option and maybe he will do enough to give us a decision to make.

DU6GTmYXUAAGos8.jpg

Back