• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ukraine

Journalists in Warsaw just grilled Johnson on why NATO isn’t doing more.
Anybody who thinks putting NATO troops and aircraft into Ukraine is a good idea seriously needs their head looking at.
It becomes WW3, whilst nuclear weapons wouldn’t be used instantly there’s a high chance it would lead to them being used tactically.
War can go out of control and can’t just be stopped. Illogical thinking regularly gets in the way and misinformation, misinterpretation, paranoia etc
The situation is delicate at best now nato troops on the ground coming head on with Russian troops would be perilous.
If people think the panic buying and behaviour around covid was bad you’ve seen nothing yet.

I fear Kiev won't hold out much longer, it's been a brave effort.....doubt a Russian hold on the city will be very comfortable for them though.

""In order to thwart informational attacks against Russia, [Russian forces] will strike technological objects of the SBU and the 72nd Main PSO Center in Kiev. We urge Ukrainian citizens involved by Ukrainian nationalists in provocations against Russia, as well as Kiev residents living near relay stations, to leave their homes," the Ministry said.

I fear Kiev won't hold out much longer, it's been a brave effort.....doubt a Russian hold on the city will be very comfortable for them though.
Back in 2000 Grozny put up a similar brave resistance holding back the Russians, in the end in order to take it, Putin just had it flattened.

Back in 2000 Grozny put up a similar brave resistance holding back the Russians, in the end in order to take it, Putin just had it flattened.
That's the concern....him coming to release 'his' Ukranian people from their oppressors.....by killing them all

Couple of points on that.
1. He’s just a gammony prick.
2. Is that Sven Goran Erickson sitting in front of him?

I found this nice little explainer which gives a bit more background to the Ukraine situation.

My mate and his mrs have put a video on Facebook wishing us all well, as theyre just nipping out to do their bit in defending the little bit of Kyev they live in, then showed the rest of the heavily armed people with them.
Hope all of them will be ok

Have been mostly trying to avoid watching any videos on SM as I'm very aware of how grim it is getting, but I did see one on twitter of a group of civilians just standing in front of some Russian vehicles, stopping them, and calling them Invaders and Murderers. The Russian troops were just firing in the air, but gods only know how that ended.

Needless to say, there is a shedload of natural gas underneath Ukraine and her waters. If the Ukraine were able to exploit this it would put them on par with Russia.

Plus Crimea isn't in a great state at the moment due to not having a freshwater supply (Ukraine blocked a river which feeds crimea when the Russians 'acquired' the Ukraine. This costs Russia loads to maintain but means they retain access to sevastapol - the only year round ice free port in Russia

I think there are a number of reasons Putin wants control of Ukraine a) to exploit the gas & oil reserves b) to make sure Ukraine can't exploit them and compete with Russia c) protect Crimea d) increase the buffer between NATO countries and Russia

This guy is about as credible as cunts such as Galloway and Farage.

When he's retweeting Hitchens and denouncing people who don't support Russia u would say you can't trust him.

Of course Russian apologist Direwolf will no doubt be triggered by this...

Ad Hominem​

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument. The fallacious attack can also be direct to membership in a group or institution.

Back