• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ukraine

Many, many tech companies are pulling their services out of Russia.

This is either going to cripple them or completely backfire and send them into a second Soviet era where all their tech is bespoke to them.

Apart from the ability of Lawyers to make geological timelines look positively snappy, what exactly do you propose the law be changed to?
I’ll leave the hat to greater legal minds but maybe a lower threshold of proof. Balance of probabilities perhaps, strictly limited to issues relating to Russians supporting Putin. Given EU countries have taken action on a much wider scale maybe learn from them?

Don't know if this story has appeared over there, but apparently Israel's Holocaust Museum has asked the US not to impose sanctions on Abramovich. They argue it would be unfair on the Jewish world since he is their 2nd largest donor.

It won't be as simple as flicking an off switch. They fuck this up and there's a global disaster. He's a fucking lunatic

Of course he is. I’m somewhat hoping for special forces to drop something unpleasant in his tea. Preferably the shit his agents used in Salisbury.

The scenes of Berlin residents welcoming Ukranian refugees with offers of places to stay is finally something that makes you feel a tiny bit better about humanity.

China has pulled coverage of this weekend's Premier League due to the planned shows of solidarity with Ukraine

Amanda Staveley has been saying how unfair it is that Abramovic is being 'forced' to sell Chelsea

China has pulled coverage of this weekend's Premier League due to the planned shows of solidarity with Ukraine

Amanda Staveley has been saying how unfair it is that Abramovic is being 'forced' to sell Chelsea
Not really a suprise, China has its own aspirations.

Abramovic is guilty of association with Putin

Links between Newcastle owners and Saudi government are far closer then his with Putin.

Situation is a very dark one, people again pleading for a no fly zone in western Ukraine. A no fly zone simply means NATO aircraft shooting down Russian planes. Makes it pretty pointless refugees fleeing Ukraine and heading west to a place under severe threat of Nuclear attack.
It’s a shitty choice but do the maths standby and watch many deaths in Ukraine? Or Get stuck in and risk the lives of billions worldwide and life as we know it?
Anybody who says “he won’t go that far” really? Or “someone will take him out” can you be sure on that?
We’re in the most dangerous point of human history since 1962.
Difference then very skilful diplomacy on both sides was used and Khrushchev whilst making a huge error in Cuba had some sense to pull back from the brink.
I know my post won’t cheer anyone up, even still for the worse to happen a lot more still needs to go wrong.

There's only two ways it ends as far as I can tell. He takes Ukraine and we cross our fingers he doesn't look to go any further West, or NATO gets involved and we risk nuclear war. It's fucking mental

We're taking no action at the moment in the hope of avoiding mass bloodshed. But it isn't working, and there inevitably will be mass bloodshed. Currently, we (the west) or at least those in power seem to be accepting ukranian bloodshed as acceptable collateral damage.

many disagree with this stance. but the question will ultimately be how many have to die needlessly before anyone does take action, whatever that action may be.

It’s a very shitty situation, a world without nuclear weapons would almost certainly seen NATO get involved.
I’ve seen a lot of people state the west has been to soft on him in the past.
No when someone has thousands of nuclear weapons at their disposal you deal with them with extreme caution and you’ll almost certainly treat them differently to someone who doesn’t.
Gut instinct tells me he’ll take Ukraine but then get bogged down with rebellious fight backs.

Back