• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ukraine

How the fuck did I not know that was a thing

Apart from the ability of Lawyers to make geological timelines look positively snappy, what exactly do you propose the law be changed to?
Well it appears the agovernment are going to push through some legislation so it appears they have found a way. Apparently going for something similar to the legislation in place in the EU.

A bit of a shower thought but I wonder if Russia / Russians have an inflated sense of how big they actually are. On most maps the size of Russia is way bigger than it actually is. It's still big, but nowhere near as big as it would appear.

This really is difficult to get my head round! Presumably the fact Russia has eight time zones due to land being so far north?

This really is difficult to get my head round! Presumably the fact Russia has eight time zones due to land being so far north?
Russia is still really big, 9000 or so km east to west which makes it wider than Africa.

Plus timezones are like segments in an orange, so at some theoretical point at the poles your fingertip could span them all.

Russia is still really big, 9000 or so km east to west which makes it wider than Africa.

Plus timezones are like segments in an orange, so at some theoretical point at the poles your fingertip could span them all.
Orange analogy is a good one and confirms I was on the right lines.

Russia is a large land mass, has the world's 9th highest population and the 11th largest economy.

It’s not even a plan. It’s an opportunistic attempt to appear relevant.

1. Mobilise Conservative MPs to make meaningless social media posts
2. Support the Conservative Party by turning a blind eye to Kremlin linked donations
3. Increase the number of countries to send Liz Truss to
4. Halt any interviews with the PM to prevent escalation of the conflict
5. Renew the UK as a major player on the international stage by coming up with a 6 point plan
6. Strengthen the Ukrainian resolve by projecting a Ukrainian flag onto Downing Street

It’s not even a plan. It’s an opportunistic attempt to appear relevant.

1. Mobilise Conservative MPs to make meaningless social media posts
2. Support the Conservative Party by turning a blind eye to Kremlin linked donations
3. Increase the number of countries to send Liz Truss to
4. Halt any interviews with the PM to prevent escalation of the conflict
5. Renew the UK as a major player on the international stage by coming up with a 6 point plan
6. Strengthen the Ukrainian resolve by projecting a Ukrainian flag onto Downing Street
I think you mean Ukrianian resolve...

Hadn’t heard from my mate or his mrs for a few days, they popped up on Facebook last night, they’ve been manning checkpoints, general security that sort of thing, has said they’re expecting it to actually start in Kiev suburbs in the next couple of days.
They’re in north east Kyev suburbs, know that big convoy may be heading they’re way.

Lots of them are charities anyway ( Eton is ) so I’m sure they’ll be ok.
Be funny if all those kids had to go to rough state schools

So the UK has given 50 visas to Ukrainian refugees, and have told children that have managed to get to Calais to go to Paris and apply for visas. Also refused entry to the British bloke and his family because his Ukrainian wife and kids dont have visas or wouldn't qualify, as he may be coming back without a job. This government are scum, but even for them it's a new low. Patel really is an evil cunt.

Priti Vacant tells the commons that a new visa application centre has been set up en route to Calais and that it is misinformation that people have been sent away to Paris.

...Priti Vacant, after Yvette Cooper asks her where is it as No 10 doesn't know and people on the ground in Calais have no idea, claims she clearly stated it was in the process of being set up.

From the Gruniad.

15:45

Patel says there is an office near Calais that can help Ukrainians with visa applications.
Sir Roger Gale (Con) asks if it is true that people in Calais are being told they have to go back to Paris to get a visa.
Patel says there are staff available to process visas en route to Calais. She claims there has been a lot of misinformation about this.

And the final arbiter of the ministerial code is the biggest liar of them all, so the whole system falls over.

Back