• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

I think maybe the whole 'I don't care' thing is overstated tbh, and I suspect a good chunk of it is for his own amusement.

But even if it's taken on face value...used to be emotionally invested, resultant to that spent time on fans forum, have lost emotional connection, still engage...isn't massively unbelievable tbh. It's only a stage or two removed from the likes of me who's gone from season ticket and a handful of away games, to seeing 2-3 matches in the last decade. My engagement online hasn't followed that linear 'regression', and mark's isn't dissimilar even if the line started in a different place.

I think it's misunderstanding the benefit that most users get from this football forum, to link it intrinsically to how much we 'care' about Wolves.
I think the "you don't even support wolves what are you doing here" vibe is no less reductive than the people who just shout "BHATTI" every time one criticises Shi
I think with the cost of football now it's a bit vulgar to flaunt going to games as some kind of get out clause in an argument. I mean I can afford to go because of that sweet spot of available income and low responsibilities, it's not fair to judge people who simply can't go (plus we basically have season tickets locked away for now, in effect).

Matchday threads on here are fucking weird, like. Like off the scale negativity and almost exclusively from people who never go, it's a dichotomy I've never quite worked out. But then I just don't contribute to them bar possibly a bit of half time chat because I don't enjoy them. An easy decision to make.

On paper that works. Neves £45m ish the most nailed on (but not guaranteed). But who is paying £40m for Nunes? Who is paying £15m for Semedo? Can’t see an English club being interested, too expensive for Portugal, Atlético maybe with Mendes influence,but a lot of money for a backup, Italian clubs don’t have any money and have RBs already.

Agreed. If they honestly think we can be “self sustaining long term and progress they need their heads checking. They’ve nearly got us relegated after having put the money in. Other teams are either the big 6/7, owners putting in the max cash, very well run with good scouting network or fodder who will go down at some point.

A team throwing money at (and wasting) a super agent whilst not putting in the required cash to keep up with others, will go down.
We won’t get anywhere near £45m for Neves. We may not even get half. Absolutely nailed on to be an undisclosed fee but significantly lower than the fees being touted around.

Well, Lop had a face like a smacked arse at the post-match conference, says nothing has changed re: squad investment since last week.

Not a particularly inspirational end to the season, and if I were a betting man I'd expect us to have a vacancy this time next week by the vibes he was giving off

Yeah I'll be surprised if he stays now with all that be has been saying.

Oh well! At least Dean Smith will be available...

We're fucked, huh?

Lop isn't flawless, and hasn't been here long enough to create a bond like Nuno, but it's a decent sized clusterfuck if we're looking for a new manager again this summer, especially as it'll obviously be another low ambition, yes man, Lage style appointment with the financial noises doing the rounds

Whilst not denying the rest of your comments....so he should after watching another away non performance

I dunno, to me he looked more like he was feeling sorry for himself rather than upset about his team's capitulation. Could be reading too much into it though

When do they report back, is it towards the end of June? Will need a quick resolution one way or the other

Could be reading too much into it though
I think we are but after the coverage over the last few days it's easy to do.

For me, we now need a comment from the club. If Jeff is determined to keep his vow of silence then send Hobbs out to speak.

If he seriously expects the club to pay over £100k p/w for Traore he's nuts. Same with Costa who has only had one good game and looks finished.

There are definitely players out there with more end product and can be had cheaper.

I expect him to go and if he does, I want it to happen quickly so this doesn’t drag out across the whole of the summer.

I find it quite unbelievable that we chased Lop as hard as we did and for as long as we did to now find ourselves in this position a few months later.

Fosun are something else.

Yeah, next couple of weeks are crucial, should know by then whether we’ll be hearing “Jeffrey Shi went to Spain in a Lamborghini” next season.

Thank god that myth has now been thoroughly debunked. Allardyce is done at top level.

Back