• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Also as I can't see it... When the ball goes to a Full Back, are they pressing, not just the man with the ball, but he was working yesterday that the ball out to the full back was the trigger for the entire team to press and close down players
We're playing a high press. But not just that we're playing as Klopp and Pep's teams do, which is from all sides not just getting goal side. That's refreshing to see

Last edited:
I think there's definitely a fluid front three he wants to implement and I don't think Adama fits that system.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us by another Guedes type as well as Cunha.

Adama started quite narrow but just ends up wandering nearer and nearer the sideline. A fluid front 3 would certainly make us more unpredictable when we go forward and eliminate the constant need to go wide and back constantly because of the lack of passing lanes.

It’s definitely noticeable how much more we are pressing in midfield. Turned over possession countless times and you can hear Julen roaring his approval on the sidelines.

We're playing a high press. But not just that we're praying as Klopp and Pep's teams do, which is from all sides not just getting goal side. That's refreshing to see
We won't press all the timebut he is working on triggers

Game effectively ended after 60 odd mins for us as we went nearly all U21 players from that point

Some interesting things you can see happening. A desire to move the ball quicker in the final 3rd and actually having options
Some players are going to have to work harder than others to change their style. RAN being one of them. Hugely talented player but his insistence of checking back or taking an extra touch or 3 was seriously pissing off the bench. Delighted JL lost his shit with Podence after he gave the ball away and dropped his head rather than getting back in to try and win it back

Definitely a better tempo on and off the ball. Bouba continues to look good. Think in the PL we would have had a pen for handball and their goal may have been offside but never mind.

Interesting how we set the midfield up first half, we need better than Guedes at #10 though, still does a load of ridiculous Sunday League shit like passing the ball straight out of play under no pressure.

Can't judge too much but any positive signs are welcome at this point.

I really like his confidence. Loved his analogy too as to not having fear, when talking of learning english, and how this is important to transfer to players on the pitch to play without fear of making a mistake.

Good interview, talks well, says all the right things,
not sure about the 'fire in the hearth/Val Doonican Xmas show vibe though😁

Line up vs Cadiz:

Sarkic

Semedo
Collins
Kilman
Toti
RAN

Moutinho
Hodge

Adama
Costa
Podence

1-0 decent bit of one touch lead by Moutinho, RAN crosses and defender belts it home into his own net.

Has anybody been able to change your Wolves password on app. In what world does click forgotten password, sends email out, click the link then go to change password only to be presented with the option for new password then pop in current password. IVE FUCKING FORGOTTEN IT HENCE ME CLICKING THE FORGOTTEN PASSWORD FORM YOU FUCKING BELLENDS.

1-1, two own goals I think. Playing a flat 5-4-1 out of possession, letting Cadiz have as much of the ball as they want.

Was on a work call so logged in at 12 minutes and it's already 1-1! Don't think we'll get a replay of the goals, so if anyone can describe them, that would be much appreciated.

Interesting that he's gone to a back 5.

Was on a work call so logged in at 12 minutes and it's already 1-1! Don't think we'll get a replay of the goals, so if anyone can describe them, that would be much appreciated.

Only saw the Cadiz goal, they kept the ball for ages, spread it out wide where we left space. Half decent cross badly defended and came off Toti I think with Negredo making a run in front of him

Has Joe Hodge actually played a pass to someone in stride yet? Simple 5 yarders miles behind the player.

Good play by Moutinho and RAN on ours

Crap by Semedo (didn't even try to stop the cross) and Collins (beaten too easily to the ball) on theirs

This formation does not look good

Joe Hodge with a Corica of a 20 minutes where he hasn't touched the ball

Costa looks about 58 years old

I know it's a friendly and there are a few missing but this is not good stuff 😂

Back