• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Wolves Archive

My overriding memory of that night is a bit more comical. I was studying in London at the time and had a physics exam the next day, so I took my notes in a plastic carrier bag (no fancy backpacks for us in those days) so I could do a bit of last minute revision on the tube. All well and good till a copper at the gate wanted to look in the bag, and took the absolute piss (something about "you Wolves fans are too clever for your own good") when he found out what was in it. I seem to have wiped any memory of the game itself from my mind completely.
Funny you should talk about plastic carrier bags... the idiots on our coach decided they'd try and piss in their beer cans wrapped in plastic bags to try and catch the overflow when they inevitably missed.... so we all had to endure the best part of three hours in the cold and with piss running up and down the coach. Oddly, the guy who was sitting next to me was actually an Albion fan but he came along because we were his mates. Those were the days when things weren't quite so vicious... and I'll confess here and now, I would have liked to have seen Laurie Cunningham play more than I did. Strange the things we miss out on because of our prejudices and misplaced loyalties.

So, that copper wouldn't have said what he said to you had he been on our coach! Glad you wiped it, I've tried. It's another bad semi-final vibe. Close to the Bremner one ....

Last edited:
Laurie Cunningham was a very special player. The fact he was playing for Albion doesn't really change that. Same with Regis, Batson, Bryan Robson (although obviously most of his career was at United)

In fairness to West Brom they had a very good team in the late 70s.

Today's update re the channel.

THE BAD NEWS
YouTube hit me with community violations for every match video (example below) !

So this morning I have had to delete all the links to WolvesCompleteHistory (double-check they've all be done for nearly 400 games uploaded and/or scheduled). Then I had to do an on-line "training course".

I have appealed every one of the violations - are you kidding me that some spotty nosed git or a bot has determined the WolvesCompleteHistory site is harmful and dangerous !

It still seems the videos are still there ie not removed.

I'm fucking apologetic furious ! ! !

The impact is these were warnings but next time you get a strike and 3 strikes means the channel is terminated.

THE GOOD NEWS
101 videos/matches from the 1970s have been released.

Screen Shot 2024-07-17 at 11.51.07 am.png

Can quite understand how you would be upset after all the hard work you put in. I had a similar situation a few years ago over some music I had on some videos. This was music that I purchased for the videos and showed them proof of the purchase. Took months for them to remove their violation notice on the videos. The thing to remember is that this is their platform and you are effectively getting free space to put your content up. The only real solution is to start your own web site and find a way to put your videos on something you own.

You've done a fantastic job so don't be too down on the situation. Thank you for your efforts.

I'm struggling to see anything 'harmful or dangerous' in any of the videos I've seen? I'm such a man out of time.

Can quite understand how you would be upset after all the hard work you put in. I had a similar situation a few years ago over some music I had on some videos. This was music that I purchased for the videos and showed them proof of the purchase. Took months for them to remove their violation notice on the videos. The thing to remember is that this is their platform and you are effectively getting free space to put your content up. The only real solution is to start your own web site and find a way to put your videos on something you own.

You've done a fantastic job so don't be too down on the situation. Thank you for your efforts.
Thank-you Squeak - much appreciated.

Yes, I fully accept it's their platform put conversing with a number of other YouTube channel owners there is quite a bit of disquiet over their management of the channel.

I would certainly consider setting up my own website as a platform for the videos - although I simply don't have the skills and knowledge for it - I'm more adept at the editing and cleaning up of videos.

Last edited:
i got a YT violation for content considered harmful - it was a Walkmen song where the album cover is of kids smoking.
it wouldn't be so bad if they had any consistency. but they don't. they rejected the appeal even when the content they object to is still visible on their site on multiple vids of others.

once you get a violation you can watch a vid and its gets struck off IIRC.

Thank-you Squeak - much appreciated.

Yes, I fully accept it's their platform put conversing with a number of other YouTube channel owners there is quite a bit of disquiet over their management of the channel.

I would certainly consider setting up my own website as a platform for the videos - although I simply don't have the skills and knowledge for it - I'm more adept at the editing and cleaning up of videos.
I assure you you can! If you can edit videos you can easily set up a web site. I use a company called Hostek for hosting but there are many other solutions around. Then it's just a matter of using Wordpress and learning some of the useful plug in's and themes. In this day and age, it is easier than ever to create your own platform and website. It can be time intensive but like anything, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. You have a project that is a passion. Don't be discouraged by the perceived difficulty. It is much easier than you think.

Today's update (59 videos):

The first 5 seasons from the 1980s released - 1979/80 to 1983/84 - encompassing our last major trophy win (1980 League Cup), FA Cup semi-final appearance (1981), relegation from the 1st division (1982), promotion from the 2nd division (1983) and relegation again from the 1st division (1984).

Last edited:
I’ll be offline for most of tomorrow - looking after my grand-daughter for the day (our regular Friday fixture).

Tomorrow’s update (11 videos):

The most depressing 3 seasons in the history of Wolves - 1984/85 (relegation to the 3rd division), 1985/86 (relegation to the 4th division - 3rd successive relegation) and 1986/76 (division 4 and Chorley).

There is not one Wolves win in the 11 videos - I don’t expect too many views for these videos unless you’re a masochist.

Also a special shoutout to Dan (aka DW) for his fantastic support and promotion.

The channel has 85 subscribers and over 1,100 views. Small beer I know by YouTube standards but from a starting base of ground zero, to get to this level in 2 days is more than I what I could have hoped for (given that the videos released are from games before most people were born).

I don’t have any targets for subscribers and views - just getting the channel to truly be a archive depositary for our great club is my goal.

Last edited:
I think that's a pretty good hit rate at this stage, the stuff so far will mainly be of interest to us dinosaurs.
It'll ramp up once you get to the Bully years and Premier league.

Subscribed the other day - just superb. Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Today's release:

1987/88 Season (15 videos)

The season where a certain Stephen George Bull, in his 2nd season at Wolves, established himself as a club legend (scoring 52 goals in all competitions) as the club became champions of the 4th Division and memorably won the Associate Members' Cup (Sherpa Van Trophy) at Wembley beating Burnley 2-0 in front of over 80,000 spectators.

How have only just seen that goal from Derek Dougan on Debut v Hull in 1967, pure innovation and instinct. Great goal, had to watch the 5-1 v Arsenal again my dad talks about that second half like it was yesterday even though it was in 1971.

How have only just seen that goal from Derek Dougan on Debut v Hull in 1967, pure innovation and instinct. Great goal, had to watch the 5-1 v Arsenal again my dad talks about that second half like it was yesterday even though it was in 1971.
I was at that game, it's the first match I have clear memories of.

Yup I was there in the Enclosure being covered in sleet . . . an incredible 2nd half (Arsenal were the Double holders).

In my top 3 most memorable Wolves games I ever attended.

Back