• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Got Max Payne Friday but haven't had time to even unwrap it yet.

Might try and get an hour tonight in between FIFA practice!

Anyone still playing Sniper Elite V2? It's my cup of tea in terms of style and approach, but it is turning into one of the most frustrating, hair wrenching games i've played. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, to get the full ballistics, but the enemy soldiers are superhuman in terms of accuracy. A couple of sections have had me stuck for more than an hour. Grrr.

Yeah I still play it! I've done the campaign with Co-op on the highest difficulty but you don't get the highest difficulty achievement for it sadly! Doing it slowly on single player, it is tough but you have to be quite patient. If you don't care for the achievements then I would recommend using a custom difficulty with enemies as rookie and bullet ballistics full. :)

I'm not too far from the end now, so can't change difficulty unfortunately. Hardest part so far was crossing the rooftops, at one stage I had 3 snipers shooting at me. Gahhhh!

Anyone thinking of getting Ghost Recon: Future Soldier this Friday? Looks good and think i'm gonna have to trade some games in for this and possibly Dirt Showdown.

Currently playing Day Z. Just a brilliant mod. I've had a stand off in a barn where both of us are too scared to shoot because we'll attract zombies before agreeing to leave by different doors, I've teamed up with a suicidal maniac who was popping flares in the middle of the night attracting every zombie in the town to us. I've fell off ladders, broke my legs and been eventually killed by zombies as I can't escape. When you die you lose everything you had and start with nothing but a pistol, some food, drink, bandages and flares. I'm now into my 3rd day but running out of ammo for my shotgun, no longer have a pistol and running out of supplies. I now have to plan my route into a town (the map is 225km2) to resupply so I can survive in the wild as I make my way around the map hoping to find better gear. I love this game but I will be gutted when I next die and lose it all :(.

Finally finished L.A Noire last night, reasonable enough ending I thought.

Resistance Burning skies for the vita this week and E3 starts next monday. Sony need a good E3 otherwise the vita will become a dreamcast.

Finally finished Sniper Elite on the hardest difficulty, thanks for the 100G!

I've seen nothing but bad reviews for Resistance so I will give it a miss and wait for the Mgs Collection i think

For anyone interested, Fifa 12 on Xbox is £14.99 on play.com.

Uncharted for the vita is cheap on there now so i think i'll give it ago

Sorry. Should have checked. I had you in mind when I saw it.

Sorry. Should have checked. I had you in mind when I saw it.

No worries - were you looking on hotukdeals perchance? Useful site that.

Thanks for thinking of me, anyway!

It could well be a mis-price in readiness for a reduction in time for the Euros. So maybe it'll be reduced soon?

Yeah looking on the app on my way home. Useful site for all sorts of things.

Absolutely. Got some real bargains on there.

But they arrive in 4 - 6 lifetimes

I'm finding it easier just pay the extra and buy them off amazon. Fast delivery and it comes on time

Back