• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

The likelihood is though that he isn't going to be with them come the last as he hasn't got the change of gear that Jezki, MTOY and Hurricane Fly showed last year before we even consider Faugheen. They leave him standing between 3 and 2 out without really being asked a question whilst STD is hard at work trying to keep on terms.

He'll be flying up the hill, no doubt about it, but he's going to need to stay with them somehow when the pace is injected and I just can't see it.

I'd disagree that he hasn't got a change of gear, he's got an awesome turn of foot and it was quite often said in the lead up to the Champion last year that he had the best turn of foot of the lot. I think that him being impeded and having to make it up, meant that he did get caught out when the pace quickened but once he got into gear he stayed on. Yes he stays 2m4f but i think he has got a turn of foot and would be massively disappointed if he doesn't beat Jezki and Hurricane Fly. Obviously he then has Faugheen to beat.

I have got a soft spot for him though and would probably back him for any race.

I'm with Slink on a couple of points here. I think The New One is a much better horse this year, but would back him out of loyalty anyway. The same goes for Silviniaco Conti, I nearly always back him, and I'm hoping he's got enough in him to win the Gold Cup this time.

Arctic fire is a decent outsider too IMO. A good second in the Irish CH.

Arctic Fire is a very decent horse but i think Mullins knows he isn't as good as HF or Faugheen. He could run into a place though if the big guns take each other on too early.

I'm with Slink on a couple of points here. I think The New One is a much better horse this year, but would back him out of loyalty anyway. The same goes for Silviniaco Conti, I nearly always back him, and I'm hoping he's got enough in him to win the Gold Cup this time.

I never get Silviniaco Conti right but i think if he turns up as like he did in the King George they won't see him as the rest are very average now Bob's Worth isn't close to what he was. Coneygree might be a live one if he goes to the Gold Cup though but the RSA is still an option as he is only a novice.

Absolutely Slink. I backed HF EW at 14s a while back which I think is good value. I think Faugheen is nailed on myself.
I agree with your assessment of AF too.

As for the Gold Cup, Holywell is the one that interests me. I'm not sure whether will run though?
Will be having Giant Bolster EW as normal, some on SC too

He'll run definitely. I hope Conti wins it, my favourite horse at the moment.

Arctic Fire is a very decent horse but i think Mullins knows he isn't as good as HF or Faugheen. He could run into a place though if the big guns take each other on too early.

I never get Silviniaco Conti right but i think if he turns up as like he did in the King George they won't see him as the rest are very average now Bob's Worth isn't close to what he was. Coneygree might be a live one if he goes to the Gold Cup though but the RSA is still an option as he is only a novice.

Arctic Fire was the horse I was thinking off yesterday, agree will probably have a few quid each way on him could nip in for a place if the big guns are taking each other on.

Like Coneygree, was going to back him until watching a programme at the weekend, when talking about Coneygree none of the experts could think of a single horse who has virtually made all (as his style) to win a Gold Cup so hard to imagine a novice will break that (probably still have a few quid on him to be honest). Same as NWW will have my traditional few quid on Giant Bolster.

Seriously?

93a806517f11fe74d58ce82d84362b7e.jpg

They've only been waiting 10 months.

Arctic Fire was the horse I was thinking off yesterday, agree will probably have a few quid each way on him could nip in for a place if the big guns are taking each other on.

Like Coneygree, was going to back him until watching a programme at the weekend, when talking about Coneygree none of the experts could think of a single horse who has virtually made all (as his style) to win a Gold Cup so hard to imagine a novice will break that (probably still have a few quid on him to be honest). Same as NWW will have my traditional few quid on Giant Bolster.

Not many front run and win but then you have to look at the whether those that like to front run were well fancied or were in the race as a bit of a punt really. A lot of the time the fancied horses prefer to get a lead into the race and so 1 or 2 of the longer priced horses go off in front. The closest to a front runner in recent times would be Denman who liked to track the leader(s). Coneygree looks very good for a novice and a horse that could well this year or next go from the front in a Gold Cup and win.

How on earth was that allowed in a football accumulator?

Bet 365 NRNB on all festival races, BOG guaranteed as well

Cogry, first day 4.40, still available at 14/1 with Bet Victor NRNB, will go off shorter on the day.

Thanks Murph, will have a look at that, I backed Very Wood today in the same race, bloke at work said he went to a Cheltenham preview this week and said Brian Cooper (Gigginstown Jockey) was at it, got a bit flustered when asked about this race eventually got out of him that this was his big hope for the meeting, considering another Gigginstown Horse is favourite at the moment wouldn't be surprised if Mr O'Leary has been doing some plotting!

Thanks Murph, will have a look at that, I backed Very Wood today in the same race, bloke at work said he went to a Cheltenham preview this week and said Brian Cooper (Gigginstown Jockey) was at it, got a bit flustered when asked about this race eventually got out of him that this was his big hope for the meeting, considering another Gigginstown Horse is favourite at the moment wouldn't be surprised if Mr O'Leary has been doing some plotting!

It's beginning to look like both Gigginstown horses will run in the RSA, so the market will collapse when confirmed. NTD has Cogry down as in with a great chance and a very capable jockey is booked, amateurs only, Cooper couldn't ride him.

Cheers

Bollocks my man must have got his information wrong then,might give him a kick monday then.

(Still might be decent bet if he runs and had it NRNB with Paddy Power)

Cheers

Bollocks my man must have got his information wrong then,might give him a kick monday then.

(Still might be decent bet if he runs and had it NRNB with Paddy Power)

Very Wood will run in the RSA but even yesterday Cooper was saying he thought he had a good chance in the 4 miler and that is the race that would suit. Either he didn't want to let anyone know that he was running in the RSA or he didn't know.

Very Wood will run in the RSA but even yesterday Cooper was saying he thought he had a good chance in the 4 miler and that is the race that would suit. Either he didn't want to let anyone know that he was running in the RSA or he didn't know.

Possibly or more likely my mate had got his info arse about face.

Well that went up in flames very quickly, never mind will get my cash back so harm done. (Still seems strange choice, thought he would be good bet for that race)

Possibly or more likely my mate had got his info arse about face.

Well that went up in flames very quickly, never mind will get my cash back so harm done. (Still seems strange choice, thought he would be good bet for that race)

Cooper did a q&a on twitter on Thursday and said that Very Wood would have a good chance in the 4 miler and it would be the race that suits the most. So it seems he thought that was the race he was going to.

Back