• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Park what you think of Ramsdale. Just like O'Shea, it's a deal for a player we clearly wanted, couldn't/wouldn't do, but is going to be delivered by a promoted team. I'm sure some will still swallow the bullshit though

Park what you think of Ramsdale. Just like O'Shea, it's a deal for a player we clearly wanted, couldn't/wouldn't do, but is going to be delivered by a promoted team. I'm sure some will still swallow the bullshit though
On this one I agree with the club. £30m is too much for a player that doesn't massively improve on our current GK. There's better value out there for sure. I'm not sure Johnstone is it, but then again I don't know if I've ever seen him play tbh. GON wants PL experience though so here we are with that choice, knowing we'll make a profit if and when Sa goes to SA (😛).

I can separate the 2 to have my alleged not so irrational hatred of the player and feeling of utter despair in what we are doing as individual issues

The bullshit we are going to be fed from Saturday is going to push us into new areas of anger

I think its irrational to think we'll make more on selling Sa than buying Johnstone.

You think he'll go for less than £10m?

I think if higher than that has been on offer for Sa then why hasn't he already gone and why have we pissed about until the final throws of the transfer window to get something done.

If he does go regardless of fee I'll be somewhat nervy that we have downgraded another area of the pitch.

On this one I agree with the club. £30m is too much for a player that doesn't massively improve on our current GK. There's better value out there for sure. I'm not sure Johnstone is it, but then again I don't know if I've ever seen him play tbh. GON wants PL experience though so here we are with that choice, knowing we'll make a profit if and when Sa goes to SA (😛).
You think Southampton are paying a £30m obligation even if they are relegated?

I do think there’s something to the competition idea if Sá and Johnstone are both here. José can’t not have known how far ahead of Bentley he is/was.

Not close to a guarantee, of course.

Sa will with either be in Saudi by the end of September or sold very early doors in the January window

Sa will with either be in Saudi by the end of September or sold very early doors in the January window
Don’t ruin my delusion with logic, you buzzkill

I think if higher than that has been on offer for Sa then why hasn't he already gone and why have we pissed about until the final throws of the transfer window to get something done.

If he does go regardless of fee I'll be somewhat nervy that we have downgraded another area of the pitch.
Honestly, I literally have no idea if Johnstone is an upgrade, downgrade or sideways step. From reading stuff on here it could be any or all of those things! 😂

Don’t ruin my delusion with logic, you buzzkill
images

You think Southampton are paying a £30m obligation even if they are relegated?
They are not. Arsenal currently not budging on that and Southampton won't meet it.

I would predict a deadline day shift in that requirement as Ramsdale pushes to leave

£18m up front plus add ons up to £25m. Surely that was affordable?

£18m up front plus add ons up to £25m. Surely that was affordable?
I think we wanted to push the fee out to next summer. We offered £20m but not at this moment.

I think we wanted to push the fee out to next summer. We offered £20m but not at this moment.
Madness. Could have had a decent keeper for the foreseeable future rather than an ok one for a couple of seasons.

I'd rather have Andre than Ramsdale, if it's a binary choice

Back