• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Really enjoyed Bala on Wednesday. Lovely part of the world (apart from us getting stuck behind a hay/straw truck for 50 miles on the way there, but what can you do)

Sadly, as with Lincolnshire, the price you pay for beautiful countryside is farm traffic. I remember a couple of years back when I was convinced that every tractor in Lincolnshire was on the road from Bardney to Belchford...

Bonus though.. I got about 6 free bales of hay whilst stuck behind it....

Sadly, as with Lincolnshire, the price you pay for beautiful countryside is farm traffic. I remember a couple of years back when I was convinced that every tractor in Lincolnshire was on the road from Bardney to Belchford...

That's the only way of creating traffic congestion down here :icon_biggrin:

Ironically, last time I went to Barmouth I was staying in Bala.

The weekend we sacked Jackett and appointed Zenga.

The above post is so good in many different ways. Combining posts from others in the thread (indeed - on this page) AND throwing in a Wolves reference. Its the best post on this forum today.

Ironically, last time I went to Barmouth I was staying in Bala.

The weekend we sacked Jackett and appointed Zenga.

The above post is so good in many different ways. Combining posts from others in the thread (indeed - on this page) AND throwing in a Wolves reference. Its the best post on this forum today.

Indeed, and not even Deutsch could throw in a Matt Doherty link, could he?

Indeed, and not even Deutsch could throw in a Matt Doherty link, could he?

This is one of my designated "leave Doherty alone" days. I have about 10 a year.

(There's even an easy joke about the speed of the hay/straw truck to be had, and I love easy jokes. But no)

Taking the family to Harlech in a couple of weeks. No doubt will pop into Barmouth too as we love it there.
We went up that way for a week couple months back, stayed the other side of the bay near Criccieth though. Had ridiculously good weather for the time of year, had a great time exploring the Llyn peninsula and found some really interesting places amongst the many ruined castles.

Beautiful part of the world, sits in my number 1 spot for retirement locations at the moment, so much natural beauty but never too far from a bit of civilisation either.

Stopping rip off companies charging card transaction fees via debit or credit card transactions - now I wonder if we will tow the line

Yes. It'll be the law.

I guess there's nothing to stop them simply putting the price of the ticket up by £1.50 if paying by card though.

Yes. It'll be the law.

I guess there's nothing to stop them simply putting the price of the ticket up by £1.50 if paying by card though.

:argh:
Yes exactly what the majority of firms who practice this will do no doubt

I think thats kinda the point - it will make headline price comparisons easier. Its a nightmare trying to work out total flight prices.

Stopping rip off companies charging card transaction fees via debit or credit card transactions - now I wonder if we will tow the line

My work charges a transaction fee if a ticket is booked online, but not over the phone. We predominantly do it as the booking fees pay for the privilege of having that option on the Box Office. Also it's only a quid.

In comparison, the Grand Theatre down the road charges booking fees on cash, card, online and phone payments. Think theirs is about £3.

Through to the semi final (with an eminently winnable game in that) for the Men's pairs bowls club knockout comp

Win that & my first appearance on finals weekend in only my second serious year of playing

Back