• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

My Sons place at the University of South Wales all confirmed after he nailed the results he needed and he starts on the 18th September. One very proud Dad indeed.

Last edited:
My Son's place at the University of South Wales all confirmed after he nailed the results he needed and he starts on the 18th September. One very proud Dad indeed.

giphy.webp

My Son's place at the University of South Wales all confirmed after he nailed the results he needed and he starts on the 18th September. One very proud Dad indeed.

giphy.gif

Good work PLF and well done to Kenny Jr

Well done Kenny Jr.!

Through to the semi final (with an eminently winnable game in that) for the Men's pairs bowls club knockout comp

Win that & my first appearance on finals weekend in only my second serious year of playing

Well done Sir. I imagine you are out there practicing every day...

Good luck to Parkin, well done to Kennys lad, and Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs HW :)

State pension age goes up again.

My stepson asked me last week at what age he could consider retirement.
I thought about it carefully and answered 87.

He was not happy.

As I am in semi retirement anyway, I can put up with 18 months, though it could be a lot less. I feel for youngsters nowadays, they will be working for years longer than people of my and previous generations have.

Through to the semi final (with an eminently winnable game in that) for the Men's pairs bowls club knockout comp

Win that & my first appearance on finals weekend in only my second serious year of playing

Congrats Peter and great news Stu

Keep us informed parkin. We're borderline for winning the league at the mo. 2 cup semi finals between now & the end of august too.
Bask in the reflective glory boss.

As I am in semi retirement anyway, I can put up with 18 months, though it could be a lot less. I feel for youngsters nowadays, they will be working for years longer than people of my and previous generations have.

I think my generation will effectively work until they die frank.

Keep us informed parkin. We're borderline for winning the league at the mo. 2 cup semi finals between now & the end of august too.

Will do - got a match in the Men's 2 wood tomorrow & if I get through that will have another semi final. Should have had Bet365 giving odds as have already beaten 2 previous winners of the tournament (inc the current holder) to get to this point - would have got odds equaling Leicester winning the Premier League 2 seasons ago.

Many congratulations to Son of Kenny :)
And fingers crossed for PLF

I certainly hope not. People deserve a good retirement.

I bumped into an old workmate in Sainsbury' Bentley Bridge a couple of weeks ago. Told me had retired 10 months ago and he is at a loss what to do now he isn't working anymore. I'm 48 so are outside the scope of this new change but I will hopefully be fit enough in mind and body to work on well past the time I can retire - although preferably part-time (only do a 4 day week nowadays anyhow)

I honestly have no idea what I'll do once I hit my sixties. The only pension I have is the recently introduced government one so I guess I'll be working for a long, long time. My Dad keeps telling me that when he dies, half of the house will be my pension but I'll probably need that to pay off the huge amount of debt I'll have by then. Happy days. It's a sad state of affairs when you start thinking it'd be better if I popped it when I'm 59 as the family get 2 insurance payouts for me if I die before I hit 60!

Why am I writing this on the happy thread?!!

Back