• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

FFS, a bit of googling and its Simon Bates Our Tune music I've been attributing to confessions for the past 30 years :)

I would also like to mention that the Simon Bates segment was god awful and I couldn't wait to get out the car, the Simon Mayo confessions was usually pretty funny

Two that stuck out for me on the confessions were,
The big hole in the field that was fenced off, kids found a railway sleeper in the field, picked it up threw it in the hole, this was followed very quickly by a goat that was chained to the sleeper.

Lads in the RAF posted somewhere cold, everytime it snowed they built a snowman, RAF police driving quickly knocked it over with a Land Rover, went on for a week or so, built it over a huge bollard one night, RAF police had to explain a badly damaged Land Rover to their boss.

The our tune music is love theme to Romeo and Juliet, by Henry Mancini

I can't recall any of the confessions but there were some good ones on there.

My dad was a massive Terry Wogan fan, everytime I got in the car he'd have it on, I'm pretty sure that he did it on purpose so that I never asked for a lift as he drove me potty!

Didn't even like Steve Wright on Radio 1 in the afternoon. I thought his characters like Mr Angry were childish and unfunny and I was only a kid myself then.

i used to have the our tune music on my phone. the amount of times someone would start telling me how bad their day was, and I'd pop the music on. watching their face whilst telling their tale of woe, but also trying to work out the music was a picture.
I am such a cad!

i used to have the our tune music on my phone. the amount of times someone would start telling me how bad their day was, and I'd pop the music on. watching their face whilst telling their tale of woe, but also trying to work out the music was a picture.
I am such a cad!
And in a housecoat as well ;)

Attachments

• 98010B1E-76CC-46A5-926D-00FCE3D6126A.jpeg
    98010B1E-76CC-46A5-926D-00FCE3D6126A.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 3
I am such a cad!
It strange why that stint at the samaritans didn't really work out for you

made it to today without a train strike being called for 16/17 oct, meaning my trip to london that weekend is going ahead all fine!
Did have a wobble yesterday, as had an email saying the train booked wasn't calling at the station we go from, but was able to change the booking no probs.

The little place near us in Whitchurch has been bouncing between £146.9 and £152.9 for a few weeks.

Diesel still being a bitch though
Yep I call in there when I'm in the area.
Just paid 1.589 at asda...still seems dear to me

You're just old , you cannot get a gallon of 2 star for 6d any more grandad !!
;)
I'll have you know petrol was priced in new money when I started driving.. 35p a gallon comes to mind.

Edit, just checked, it was 78p apparently, a bit cheaper than a Watneys 4

Back