• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Watson has already won the forst set, & is a break up in her match today in the 2nd round...

Got worried, as she lost the break, but broke back immediately.
2nd set is a lot closer than the 1st, which she won 6-1. Do her good to win in straight sets & get into round 3...

Watson was 40-0 down, facing being broken again, saved 5 game points & held for a 5-3 lead in the 2nd set.

Watson wins 6-1 6-4.
First woman into the 3rd round since 2002 I believe.

Has there been an overhaul in tennis training in this country? We're having a great year so far!

Has there been an overhaul in tennis training in this country? We're having a great year so far!

Early stages yet Machin. Robson could've won. Lets get past the 2nd round before feeling we're doing well thuis year.
Having 2 women make it to the 3rd round would be a huge step for womens tennis in the UK.

Bizarre game between Rus and Stosur. Just goes to show the unpredictability of women's tennis right now. I've got a feeling that Sharapova will dominate for a few years now as she finally seems to be over her injuries.

Heather Watson is awesome. Also, Karlovic is a beast. How tall is he? 7 ft?

Has anybody more attractive than Sharapova rocked up yet?

In fact, she's a bit of a bore.

Yep, she witters on about Tennis Stats all the time.

Ivanovic > Sharapova

I'd rather shag Branislav Ivanovic. She also looks like she's one trip to maccies away from being overweight. Once she stops playing she'll go all Neville Southall.

And Penk, nothing special!?

a3.jpg

Still not a patch on Anna Kournikova.

Back