• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Wimbledon 2012

tough start for Andy Murray. His first round opponent is Nikolay Davydenko, who was once in the top four ranked players. Let's hope that Murray's poor form in the build up to Wimbledon was just a blip.

Sadly, I cannot see any other British players making an impact.

henman.gif

Now *that* is focus.

Love Wimbledon, apart from kids invading the nearby tennis courts because they suddenly 'like' tennis

Easy wins for Djokovic and Federer, though Venus Williams is an early casualty in the Ladies championship

Watched Federer, not a tough opponent but what a player. I hope he wins it

Ramos is ranked 43, and is Spain's eight player in the top 50. Scary.

Heather Watson stuffed Benesova last night on centre court, nice to see a British female player win a game for a change!

There are 8 Britons playing today. Baltacha & Keovathong. Jamie Ward is playing now. Baker is playing I believe. Can't recall the others...

Nadal is 4-0 down! Amazing.

Fantastic start by Bellucci against Rafa, he leads 4-0 in the first set.

if Murray has a bad back, he ain't showing it in his first game

6-1, 6-1. First 2 sets dealt with with ease and a break up in the 3rd

Blimey that was impressive. Absolutely destroyed a good player, although one on the way down and like bambi on ice on this surface.

The most impressive thing was Andy's variety, he could have quite easily beaten him from behind the baseline. His movement was fantastic, and his slices worked to perfection, he had Nikolay all over the shop and that's something he'll have to continue doing if he wants to get close to Rafa and Nole.

That was an excellent result for Murray.
Robson could have (& possibly should have) won her match.
Jamie Baker is giving Roddick a very stern test in their match, though at the time play was suspended, Roddick was beginning to dominate.
Keovathong was also one set up & servig for the match last I saw.

Keothavong won, as did Baltacha

Robson is fucking massive for 18 and hits the ball ridiculously hard.

Back