• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

I've stuck with it all the way through.

I admire the endurance but it's so poor as a spectacle. A match where you really hope it ends 6-4 6-4 6-4, alas not. I did want an afternoon of Rafa vs Nole but not to be.

Fair play for sticking through this for over 5 hours DW. I've done the last 25 minutes and I'm done already. It's so attritional.

Fair play for sticking through this for over 5 hours DW. I've done the last 25 minutes and I'm done already. It's so attritional.

It's like watching Heat. It's rubbish and nothing happens, but you can't turn it off in case something does. You're too invested by then.

See also: Rings, Lord of the

Even the crowd sound like they just want it to end!

How many games did Isner's record final set go on for?

It's like watching Heat. It's rubbish and nothing happens, but you can't turn it off in case something does. You're too invested by then.

Lord of the Rings is magnificent. The only problem is the director's cuts aren't long enough.

This could go on for fucking ever.

Lord of the Rings is magnificent. The only problem is the director's cuts aren't long enough.

Indeed. In fact I've just switched off The Two Towers Extended Edition to see if this has finished yet. I've been re-reading LOTR and watching the films this week.

To be brutally honest I could fucking walk to Mordor and dispose of the one ring before one of these two loses his serve.

This is the thing with fishing. You cast certain lines that you know certain fish will definitely bite on :icon_lol:

Christ! I thought it was in the high 20's. They should really just go to a tie break once it gets to 10-10 obviously can't do that now.

Nah, it went on and on. Scoreboards failed, entire game was spread over 3 days, the final set at over 8 hours is longer than the next longest match. Unsurprisingly Isner was blasted out of the tournament in no time in the next round. If they were ever going to bring in final set breakers it was then, it won't happen.

Nah, it went on and on. Scoreboards failed, entire game was spread over 3 days, the final set at over 8 hours is longer than the next longest match. Unsurprisingly Isner was blasted out of the tournament in no time in the next round. If they were ever going to bring in final set breakers it was then, it won't happen.

Whoever wins this, is pretty much screwed for the final at any rate. They'll be dead on their feet most likely, not gonna be a spectacle especially against one of the other two.

Wtf man that's the worst post on here ever. Heat is superb.

Back