• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Ah - they are keeping centre free in case this goes on as there isn't a lot of useful light left. If it gets too dark then this match will transfer to centre.

Its over. Muller takes it 15-13. Great final set

Rafa out, serving was decisive in the end

Cilic vs Mūller next then....hmm

No thanks. Grass tennis has moved on a HELL of a long way from Sampras ball. Hardly anyone is serve-volley now.

Congrats to Mūller though, not as talented but has good all around play

Wow, according to wilander not a play lasting more than 12 hits

Good riddance Nedal, the BBC love in was vomit inducing. Well played Muller

Sampras on grass you were lucky if you got five.

I have to be honest and say thirty stroke rallies a la French Open is often dull as well.
Pete did it best..ok, so you think its fun to watch 30+ aces without more skill?

Compared to each point lasting as long as the Battle of Gettysburg before someone limply hits the net, yes.

Nadal (and Federer) are both more aggressive in their latter years and look to kill points quicker. Rafa was absolutely savage at the French at giving his opponent absolutely no time to settle into rallies.

Muller was excellent all round today. It wasn't some Karlovic dullfest.

Haha ok, each to their own..i prefer a way in the middle..maybe different heights for different tournaments then..dull as hell with this serving aces shit though..maybe im alone

No - I don't think you are. Absolute seige gun stuff is dull too.

But you would think that 5-20 stroke rallies is pretty much the perfect middle ground.

Haha ok, each to their own..i prefer a way in the middle..maybe different heights for different tournaments then..dull as hell with this serving aces shit though..maybe im alone

Muller only served 6 more aces than Nadal. He served 30 aces in the match, from 29 service games.

Much more to his game also than just his serve. The likes of Karlovic and Isner I get your point, but Muller today was more than just bang down ace after ace.

Back